Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we loaded up to ride Deal's Gap.
On arrival, I unload and suit up. Before I even get on the bike, two Motor Cops pull up. They ask how I'm doing then to see license, registration, etc. :yikes: (I haven't even started the bike yet) They try to Wright a ticket for not carrying anything except my license on me, then start talking about no signals, mirrors etc. They are showing some serious attitude. :damn: (I'm getting PIZZED) :cursin:
I explain to the cops that the bike hasn't even been started yet and there tickets will be fought in court. :rant:
There still doing there thing and I start to load the bike back on the trailer.
They stop me and start asking for every thing for the truck and trailer.
I said sure (I actually had that stuff with me) They dropped there request when I said hold on a minute, Let me get a pin and paper so I can get badge numbers and the station number they are working. :flush:
They then replied, are you going home? I replied NO but, I wasn't going to ride here today. :whistle:
They replied, load up and have a nice day, which I did. Funny thing is, I had a dead inspection sticker on the truck. Woops!!!! :eek:
They pulled there bikes to the other end of the parking area and watched me load, they followed me all the way to the state line. Speed limit on the TN side is 30mph and I drove 25mph all the way. :whistle:
I went pass the Dragons Den and unloaded again just to terrorize the NC roads. :wink: After about 2pm it was reported the cops had gone and I slowly made a pass through the Gap. :whistle:
I went as far as the over look and turned around. I got a few good runs in before going home.
At least the day wasn't totally wasted. :dthumb:

Kill Boy had issued a warning about next weekend but not this week.
Be careful next weekend at the Gap. They may be back.
Always stay away from the TN side lakes. The Cops live there. :2cents:

I am filing a formal complaint about the incident! :bash:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I'd file a formal complaint about the incident as well if I were you. That was just wrong on there part and not even called for. They had nothing on you and just wanted to bust your ballz. :bash:

Good to hear that you got to ride it a bit.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I'd file a formal complaint about the incident as well if I were you. That was just wrong on there part and not even called for. They had nothing on you and just wanted to bust your ballz. :bash:

Good to hear that you got to ride it a bit.

I agree with you both about the complaint. That's BS, they were probably just mad cause you're bike was nicer and went faster than theirs! :lol:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
That's total BS!!!!! Cops are some crooked bastards! They don't have anything better to do but harrass people of sensless stupid [email protected] Atleast you got to ride some. My trip was wasted by rain, can't say I saw any cops harrassing people last weekend in the rain.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
or they are mad comedy central is airing the network pre-meow of super troopers tonight making them look bad.. who knows.. what a couple of dicks.. why do people that are supposed to serve and protect have to be dicks - what are they protecting by harassing you? how many murders, drug deals, armed robberies, rapes, etc. happened while they are wasting tax payer time and money harassing a biker who wants to go out for a ride on a nice road.. MFP.. Good job on standing up to them and asking for badge numbers, etc. They had no right to give you that crap, etc. I hope that they are not around the week that WOS goes down there.. Sounds like a buzz kill..

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
snakemann said:
Wow, lot's of love for police in here. :lol:
I respect the Police (the ones that do their job instead of harassing people)

They actually had a task force out this weekend to slow down traffic (sport bikes and sports cars)

I personally counted 6 motor cops, 4 cruisers (all State Patrol) just on the Gap.
I was told that they had a helicopter and a dozen more working road along side the lake. (supper fast straights)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's the thing... in most states you don't actually need that stuff.

I sure hope they don't give us any slack. But this is another reason why WOS rides down during the week and not on the weekend when it's most busy and therefor there will be more cops.

Snakemann, like Jeeps said. It's the BS that some cops :puke: out! I have many family members that are cops and have respect for them and what they're doing. But as any other job, there are some that do it well and others that are just plain s h i tty!

Jeeps, it's BS! File that complaint. Let us know what good it does ya. Probably won't do any good! I'm with ya on standing up to cops. Last year I had to have about 3 WOS members and my wife stop me from getting in a cops face at RO bike night. When they cross the line I will too! I just hope I know how to control myself just that little bit so I don't get arrested!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Damn straight it is.... I'll get down right pissy with a cop that is giving me or any of us crap for no reason. Especially if I know he doesn't have a leg to stand on!

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The few times I have stopped to see what they wanted. :whistle:
I find they expect to find a kid under the helmet! :scratch:
They don't seem to bother adults as badly!
Unless your acting like a kid! :whistle:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
What qualifies as a kid?

I'm gettin old and all...being 26... where would I fall in those catagories? :lol:

·
Registered
461 Posts
When I moved to Daytona I discovered that some agencies will go over your bike with a fine toothed comb and write some chicken sh*t tickets. I also found out that the 4th amendment of the U.S. constitution doesn't apply in Port Orange, FL (adjacent to Daytona) and you are subject to being stopped on your bike even if you don't do anything wrong.

I got stopped by some 20 year old kid who physically ran back to his car while on another traffic stop and did 100 MPH to catch up with me in a 40 MPH zone, rode 3 feet from my back tire so he could read my plate ( which is still on the mud flap and illuminated by a light allowing visibility for 50 feet as specified in FL traffic code) and then followed for 2 miles until he stopped me 10 feet from my driveway.

I complained about his attitude, the fact that he had to commit 2 traffic violations to my zero to catch me, and the fact that he had no reasonable suspicion to stop me (see U.S. Supreme Court Case Terry v. Ohio). But nothing came of it of course.

Good luck, but I doubt youre going to get the outcome you are hoping for. :skep:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Man, the number of cracked out backwards ass pigs to normal good hard working cops in this country is about 75:1 .... Maybe they should start paying them more than a pizza delivery guy makes, might get some better cops out there!

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
pickle.of.doom said:
Man, the number of cracked out backwards ass pigs to normal good hard working cops in this country is about 75:1 .... Maybe they should start paying them more than a pizza delivery guy makes, might get some better cops out there!
:iagree: I gross as much in two months as a good friend (Deputy Sheriff) makes in a year after 6+ years of service.
No way would I do the shiot he does for the pay (or lack of):crazy:
Gas Man said:
What qualifies as a kid?

I'm gettin old and all...being 26... where would I fall in those catagories?
Defiantly some where between lost and found. :screwy:
It would depend on how old the cop in question is.
At the ripe old age of 35. I am older or same age as most State cops. :whistle:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts