Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting a bike for a long time now. and well I think this spring I will finaly bite the bullet and get one. I have never driven any kind of motorcycle in my life. Well except once I drove an 80 cc dirt bike for about 15 minutes. lol

Anyways I want something that looks fast. But don't want anything fast yet. Just soemthing that will go about 130 KM/hr will be fine. I was looking at the suzuki GS500F. Looks cool..and well I hope it's not too powerful. I kinda wana take the responsable way out. lol I wanted a nice 600. But after readding on this site am now beggining to think the 500 will be more then enought for now. At least until I get the hang of it.

Anybody know of any pros/cons of the GS500F?? input would really be appriciated. By the way I'm 5'10" and 150 lbs. If that helps.

Thanx all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
if i was getting anything less than a 600 that is the exact bike i would get. go for it very good choice, and good to know you are starting out the right way. and make sure you get gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i take ot you all don;t think it has too much power?

and as for gear that is another thing I had a Q for...what should be on the NEED list and the NICE to have list.

Obviously the helmet is a need list item. but what about foot wear? and body stuff.

I want to use the bike for a daily driver weather permiting for work and back. I live about 30 km from work. so about a 20 minute drive. I have a tendency of wanting to go fast in my S-10 i go above 200 km/hr regularly. that why I want to start with a small bike that way I won't kill myself becasue i know I will want to put it to the limits. lol yes i know very imature. but at least I'm not denying it. :S
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
All sorts of gear to buy.
Leather is best!
Joe Rocket ballistic is great for all around ridding.
Do a search for gear on this site. there are some great threads on this subject.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
if your younger you probably going to want eiterh joe rocket or Icon gear. and speedwerks has the best deals on icon gear and thats a fact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
twisty said:
1.Helmet
2.Quality Jacket
3.Gloves
4.Boots(Your ankles are the weakest and most likley thing to be hurt alongside you wrist in a wreck)
avec moi.

As for commuting in all weather, a balaclava (sp) is usefull. I cant afford a full rainproof motorcycle suit so i use a XXL Stearns rain suit and put it over my usual gear for the wet. Plus it rolls up small to fit in a pack.

and if i havent already- WELCOME!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanx all....i think this is the first forum where nobody made fun of me for wanting to start on a smaller power plant. most other site you get flamed for not wanting the R6 or a CBR 600..

I think I'm gona like it here.

Thank you all for your opinions. I still got a few months before final decision comes. but I will keep reading this site for all kinds of usefule info.

:):):):)

:twfrox:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
oh oh i got one, frame sliders. get them as soon as you get the bike, better yet have them put them on or try and get them thrown in with the purchase of the bike, vortex or sato.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
A6D9 said:
thanx all....i think this is the first forum where nobody made fun of me for wanting to start on a smaller power plant. most other site you get flamed for not wanting the R6 or a CBR 600..

I think I'm gona like it here.

Thank you all for your opinions. I still got a few months before final decision comes. but I will keep reading this site for all kinds of usefule info.

:):):):)

:twfrox:
You just got to watch out for the haters. We really dont flame anymore, once in while we will push some buttons for fun, well I do it for fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
dont listen to twisty, he is one of those guys who thinks he is a racer but aint shiot, he always claims he drags knee but never does. dont believe me watch his video. lmao. no im just kidding twisty is good on a bike and has enough bikes for all of use to go riding with him. lol but watch his vid its really sweet. JK twisty, no hard feelings.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
zx636r said:
dont listen to twisty, he is one of those guys who thinks he is a racer but aint shiot, he always claims he drags knee but never does. dont believe me watch his video. lmao. no im just kidding twisty is good on a bike and has enough bikes for all of use to go riding with him. lol but watch his vid its really sweet. JK twisty, no hard feelings.

I take nothing personal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
zx636r said:
oh oh i got one, frame sliders. get them as soon as you get the bike, better yet have them put them on or try and get them thrown in with the purchase of the bike, vortex or sato.
Dont forget intuitive sliders! inturace.com
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
A6... WELCOME!! :twfrox:

Read thru all the beginner's corner threads.... it will have anything and everything you never thought you needed to know... plus lots of threads on this very topic...

And NO that GS500 WILL NOT be too much power....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
A6, Welcome to TWF.... your making the right choice with the GS500. :dthumb:

Stick with Suzuki and you'll always be happy, cause you'll be riding the best! :lol:

Seriously though that GS500 is an excellent starter bike.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top