Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little local history;

Last October (Jeff) a good friend and ridding buddy was ridding his 04 R1 on a two lane county road.
He came up on a 80 degree blind right turn with a 1 and 3/4 lane wide bridge.
He meet a speeding Mustang head on.
Lost his spleen and broke some bones.

He had a speedy recovery and back on a bike as soon as he was able.

Today;
We where ridding on a favorite road and Oh Shat.
We (Jeff on point) come up on a hard blind right turn at knee down speed and meat a Mustang almost all the way on our side. :yikes:
The damn fool almost took all three of us out. :cursin:

Needless to say it took Jeff a few turns to get it back together and then the day was fine. :dthumb:

Why cant people keep there cages on their side of the road. :cursin:
Damn I love track days! :dthumb:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
that sux

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
WOW, Jeeps sounds like that Jeff guy is bad luck or somin!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
Dont bring that guy to the Gap...
Yes please don't!!! Twisty says that there are cars, trucks and Ace's favorite, semi's whizzing thru there all day.... :yikes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is why track = good. Road = danger. I almost went head on yesterday. Knuckle head pulled out to pass and his little four banger just wasn't making it. I was hard on the brakes weighing my options: head on with econo-box, head on with pick-up he was passing, or into the ditch beside the road. Finally, with less than 100 yards to go he jams his brakes and swerves back in behind the truck...

Later on the same ride we came around a corner to find another knuckle head trying to back up a boat. He obviously hadn't driven a trailer before, because the thing was jack-knifed behind him and each move just made things worse.

The only good out of both situations is that we were in control enough to avoid a serious incident... I can't wait to get back on the track and away from these nuts!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
jeeps84 said:
We (Jeff on point) come up on a hard blind right turn at knee down speed and meat a Mustang almost all the way on our side. :yikes:
Am I the only one that has a problem with this? Maybe if your buddy spent less time treating the streets like the track, he'd have better luck avoiding other drivers who are doing the same. I think theres a little "pot calling the kettle black" going on here. :nopity:

Oh, and nobody ever gets hurt on the track. Nope, not never! :screwy:

Now, where's my flame suit?

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
Am I the only one that has a problem with this? Maybe if your buddy spent less time treating the streets like the track, he'd have better luck avoiding other drivers who are doing the same. I think theres a little "pot calling the kettle black" going on here. :nopity:

just borrow mine :lol:

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gas Man said:
Yes please don't!!! Twisty says that there are cars, trucks and Ace's favorite, semi's whizzing thru there all day.... :yikes:
This is true!
During the week the big trucks come through.
It looks good on the map till they realize what they got there self into.
They have no choice once in but to put the front tires in the ditch on one side and the trailer in the ditch on the other side of the road.

I doughty Jeff will be with me but you never know.
We do frequent the Gap together.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big Kahuna said:

I am just as guilty but,
ONE BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We stay on our side of the road!

That way the only hazard to contend with should only be the chance something is stopped around the corner in you lane.
No body should have to worry about somebody going the other direction in your lane. Car or bike.

If we had been in a car, it would have been a head on collision.
Because we were on the bikes, we were already on the white line for the most part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.