Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for those that ride Kaws. I am trying to help a buddy out who is new to the Sportbike community. How much do you pay for your oil filters? I believe he WAY over paid for his. Considering the one I bought for my RC-51 was a K&N and $12.99. He has a '03 ZX-6R? Anyone that can give me an idea of how much this filter would cost I would appreciate it. Then may have to post a "negative" about the dealer he bought his supplies from.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah... $12 is about average... Ace told me what he paid and I would be going over there and raising heck! Anderson Powersports is a crappy stealer! They suck. I had my bike there once for a insurance job and they jerked me around throughout the entire process.. I'm :sorry: but F'them!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I just fell into a deal for the F4i and RR...they take the same filter and I got a case of Fram filters for 4.75 each!!! I couldn't pass it up considering Honda wants 12 bucks each!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I just get fram or whatever is on sale, I think I pay $4 or $5. I don't believe in a certain brand of oil or filters because my 94 firebird has 240k original miles on it and still running strong, doesn't burn, blow, leak oil or anything. I just change the oil every 5k miles. So any ac delco, fram, filter does it for me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just get the OEM filter.... it's $11 at the dealer, but I know it works so that's what I go with.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
bumblebee said:
I just fell into a deal for the F4i and RR...they take the same filter and I got a case of Fram filters for 4.75 each!!! I couldn't pass it up considering Honda wants 12 bucks each!
I bought a case for the Gixxer with a friend.
We split the price and case.
It averaged out to $3.75 a peace.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I switched from K&N ($10-$15) to a Hi-Flo ($6 @ my local moto store). Personally, I haven't felt any difference between the two so I'll have to say that Hi-Flo is pretty much doing its job at a lower price. Like SpeedWerk mention, the only difference I can see on the outside between the two is that the K&N filer is easier to remove while you will need an extra clamp tool to remove/install the Hi Flo ones.

*I've heard way too much bashing about how bad (cheaply made & poor quality) the Fram filters are a year or two back that I have been holding back on trying them.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
K&N

If you look at the comparison of all the brands you will see the K&N has 63 pleats for the filter inspected and the honda only had 49. That tells me the K&N will hold more dirt before going into bypass. The K&N also has a very high quality synthetic filter media and the others are generally paper. There is more to the K&N than the nut on the end.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:welcome: Tuner... that is good info! But I never meant that it was purely for the nut. That is just a convience factor. I pic it for the K&N branded name and therefore you would hope that it filters better...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.