Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil prices seem to be hitting new highs on a daily basis now. At what point do you think Bush will open the SOR? Or will he?

·
Registered
175 Posts
whether or not opening up the SOR is a "good" thing or not.. (opinions vary) i can tell you, he better, and soon, if he wants to win this election (IMO).

like it or not, people vote.. on EVERYTHING, including president... with their pocketbooks. :2cents: this close to the election... if gas goes any higher, Bush is hosed. :bash:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
did we ever think it would come to opening that up?? I mean, it wasnt that long ago, that all was well, prices were back down to normal, and it was only costing me about 12.00 to fill my tank in my car..now its 23.00 :eek: :bash: I'd actually be really surprised if he opened it up at all, although planning a strategic move to open it up very shortly, making some kinda last minute promise to open it up if re-elected, could be a possibility as well.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I wish he would.

As for the elections, it matters, but not that much. Bush has already won.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Pigface1 said:
ya think? don't get me wrong... i was born and raised republican, so i'm not questioning who *I* am voting for (being republican and from texas should give ya a hint...lol) ...but, all the polls i've seen look awfully close. i'm just not so confident that Dubya has got it locked up all that tight.

discuss?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The polls are close but watch either bin laden is captured in the next week or gas prices drop because the Saudis want Bush in office or something groundbreaking will happen. Notice how the gas prices raised during the democratic convention and lowered, even despite Labor Day, during the republican convention? All Saudis tampering with the election like they did in 2000. One thing is right though, even though it appears close, Bush has already won.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
this could turn into a spin-off from the other political threads we have for sure..but anywho..I dont think it'll be a landslide by any means, but may not be as close as people think. I think Bush will win it..the thought of changing leadership inthe middle of a war isnt very appealing..and all the Kerry promises carry no validity whatsoever, because he's griping about Bush spending all this cash, yet he's talking about plans he has to do this and that, and that cost money too...what a snow-job!! :mad:

ok, i'll stop before i get going too much...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The reserve should be saved for the next embargo. Most of you are too young to remember waiting in lines to get gas. The 73 embargo was terrible. The price doubled from 33 cents to 68 cents, and you had to wait for hours in long lines to fill up. The 79 embargo wasn't as bad, but with the price of a barrel of oil at $54, they could easily start another embargo.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
What are you talking about? We might as well be in a embargo now. Prices have went up, like 80 cents. And when the price dips to to like $1.78, there is a line!! So what's the difference???

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
There's a big difference between waiting behind one car and waiting behind 100 cars. I had been driving for five years when the 73 embargo hit. Three hours in line and only 10 gallons of gas. I remember driving on "odd and even days" (driving on a day that your license plate number ended in). I also remember when the motorcycle magazines said "when gas hits $1, everyone will be riding motorcycles".

Most of our oil comes from unstable countries. You can bet the terrorists are plotting some way to stop the supplies.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Pigface1 said:
He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I wish he would.

:withstupi If I recall right, there was some study that showed that Bush's popularity actually was inversely proportional to gas price changes. The places I've discussed this with have never come to any conclusion as to why this exists. If I run across the site info I'll toss it in here.

Since Kerry got selected, I've said it was over, and I'm about as far from a GW supporter as you can get (without being an idiot, leftist extermist). Living in a state that is guaranteed to vote GW, electorally, I'll be casting my vote for the Libertarians, probably. In fact, they're getting some of my state votes as well.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
gas prices affect every consumer on a daily basis..I could see how that would affect someone's opinion of the president..but god forbid if someone actually uses that as a total reason for voting against a candidate :crazy: ... but u know there's more than one of them out there right now

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Something NEEDS to be done. It is a study proven fact....That average and lower income people are spending MORE money on gas than they are on much needed necessities and FOOD. Grocery store patronage has lowered 25% since the rise of gas prices. And in order to GET those necessities and food, they have to get to their place of employment. Which, of course, takes GAS!

Those idiots are making a 200% profit, living the good life, while we are the ones suffering. PI$$E$ me off!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

~* ChaR *~

·
Registered
519 Posts
Charlie, good call. Is the solution more drilling, or research into alternatives? That's a big question out there getting overlooked by current events. Too bad.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
research into alternatives is a better long term solution if u ask me..if we can make cars that run on electricity or solar power..we can surely come up and mass produce similar vehicles to utilize other natural or man made resources.

just my :2cents:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
research into alternatives is a better long term solution if u ask me..if we can make cars that run on electricity or solar power..we can surely come up and mass produce similar vehicles to utilize other natural or man made resources.

just my :2cents:
All that is fine and good - great plans there future John Kerrys but NONE of that is feasible. Oil companies make billions upon billions and anything that jeopardizing that they buy it out and shelf it so it never goes anywhere or they eliminate the person doing it. Good luck on the "alternative" fuel quest - I like the thought behind it but I doubt it will get you anywhere except maybe next to Hoffa in an unmarked grave.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
All that is fine and good - great plans there future John Kerrys but NONE of that is feasible. Oil companies make billions upon billions and anything that jeopardizing that they buy it out and shelf it so it never goes anywhere or they eliminate the person doing it. Good luck on the "alternative" fuel quest - I like the thought behind it but I doubt it will get you anywhere except maybe next to Hoffa in an unmarked grave.
I agree it will probably never go farther than Discovery Channel specials on alternative fuels..but its nice to think about...yeah, oil companies are way too profitable for it to just be pushed to the side..atleast for the very forseeable future.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
if not..I assume u've read it ? what did you think of it ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts