Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around in a while. Here's my story...

I just spent the last year or so working as a Ferrari/Maserati Technician in the Chicagoland area while I had my own motorcycle shop, Base 10 Motorsports, on the side. Back around Thanksgiving, I had lunch with an old employer of mine in Louisville, Kentucky and we had a very interesting conversation. That led to several months of emails and discussions that ended up in an offer that was too good to refuse.

Without getting into too much detail, I ended up closing my business, leaving the Ferrari dealership, packing up my wife, two kids, and all of our belongings and we moved to Louisville. I am now the General Manager of a Kawasaki and Yamaha dealership here and I will be here for a long time.

While I am going to miss the thrill of growing my own business from scratch, I am really looking forward to taking on all of the challenges of running a real dealership.

I'll still be around, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to post in the tech forum. Not to mention, I still want to get back to writing more tech articles for 2 Wheel Tuner. In the meantime, I am always looking for more quality employees so if you are in the area, be sure to get in touch with me.

Thanks,
Larry

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is great Larry. :luck: with all of that!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Wow, and the wife and I are thinking of moving out of PA depending on what happens w/ the company at some point.. HHmmm, the wheels of opportunity are beginning to turn alittle bit here...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Congrats on the ne job and move. Sounds like it was for the best and things are going good. Glad to hear from you and post up any time you get a chance. :cheers:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bumblebee said:
Hey is this dealership gonna put in a dyno and other hi-pro equipment for custom work???

At this point we do not have a dyno and the store's policy has been not to do any work that deviates from OEM equipment. However, I may change that in the future.

Thanks everyone!

Larry

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
Wow, and the wife and I are thinking of moving out of PA depending on what happens w/ the company at some point.. HHmmm, the wheels of opportunity are beginning to turn alittle bit here...
Of course, we'd have to get you off of that can-o-tuna and on to a Kawasaki or Yamaha :thumbs:

But seriously, I am open to anything, please feel free to contact me to see if there is a place for you here.

Larry

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
My kanotuna of you affectionally refer to it, has changed quite dramatically over the last year.. so u might even be proud of it, but if u wanna put me on a new zx10 or R1, I certainly will happily oblige you ! :cheers:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
My kanotuna of you affectionally refer to it, has changed quite dramatically over the last year.. so u might even be proud of it, but if u wanna put me on a new zx10 or R1, I certainly will happily oblige you ! :cheers:
Could you handle it! :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the new job ... a ditto for Yamaha luv.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts