Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
WOW, us Americans are some lazy mofo's... :shock:

:iagree: :D :iagree: :D :iagree:

I know I am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
:iagree: :D :iagree: :D :iagree:

I know I am.
Yes :iagree: as well....you are lazy :eek: :cheers: ....

this idea only makes sense, as its easier than keeping a garage door opener on you when your out riding. ..guess Im lazy too then.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
I think it's a great idea, I don't like carrying the opener in a pocket, and I don't like having to get off the bike, etc, to get to the opener. Plus, I'm extremely lazy. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
I actually mounted a opener to the underside of my left inner cowl, and then wired a switch to an area that is accessible while riding. It works great and I never have to worry about bringing an opener along with me as it's always there.

So, does this flashy thing only work for you, or can anyone open your garage if they flash their lights? Seems that it wouldn't be a very safe alternative.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Kahuna said:
I actually mounted a opener to the underside of my left inner cowl, and then wired a switch to an area that is accessible while riding. It works great and I never have to worry about bringing an opener along with me as it's always there.

So, does this flashy thing only work for you, or can anyone open your garage if they flash their lights? Seems that it wouldn't be a very safe alternative.

No you wire in your remote so unless someone else is on your frequency it only works for you. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
No you wire in your remote so unless someone else is on your frequency it only works for you. :thumbs:
so the switch activates when you flash your lights, and sends out a signal ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
so the switch activates when you flash your lights, and sends out a signal ???

Yep. As looking at the diagram, thats what it appears to me. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Ah, I see. I followed the link this time... :)

Well, if you have to use an opener already for the flash mod, then I'd rather wire it up to a button and place it where I want, then start messing with the bike's electronics and hook it into my high beams.

What happens if you ride around with your highbeams on? Will it drain the battery of the remote?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
What happens if you ride around with your highbeams on? Will it drain the battery of the remote?
and just hope that nobody else has your frequency..** as you ride down the road and all these garage doors start to open :smilelol: ...I've had my old garage door opener open up somebody else's door b/4... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
and just hope that nobody else has your frequency..** as you ride down the road and all these garage doors start to open :smilelol: ...I've had my old garage door opener open up somebody else's door b/4... :eek:

Now that would be to funny. I'd go sit out by their house and do it just to see how long they would keep trying to put it down as I am putting it up and not know I was doing it. :smilelol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
New to this forum, been lurking for a few weeks now.

Just installed the flash2pass on my 1996 CBR600F3, and my 2003 Vette. I am really satisfied with this unit. It was super easy to install. Has greater range than my existing openers. Never have to worry about dead batteries on the transmitter.

I used to carry a transmitter in my sleeve pocket when I am on the F3 and it was always a pain to try to find the xmiter button. Now all that is required is a few fast flicks of the high beams.

Of course, I can not comment on long term reliability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
carlmorrell said:
New to this forum, been lurking for a few weeks now.

Well its about time you signed up and posted. :smilelol: Its great to have you here and welcome to the site. You already know we are a great bunch of ppl here if you have been lurking for a few weeks. Feel free to ask and or post anything you like. We will comment! :D
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
carlmorrell said:
New to this forum, been lurking for a few weeks now.

Just installed the flash2pass on my 1996 CBR600F3, and my 2003 Vette. I am really satisfied with this unit. It was super easy to install. Has greater range than my existing openers. Never have to worry about dead batteries on the transmitter.

I used to carry a transmitter in my sleeve pocket when I am on the F3 and it was always a pain to try to find the xmiter button. Now all that is required is a few fast flicks of the high beams.

Of course, I can not comment on long term reliability.

Welcome to the site!

See, it really works!! Me think I need to do some wiring this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Well its about time you signed up and posted. :smilelol: Its great to have you here and welcome to the site. You already know we are a great bunch of ppl here if you have been lurking for a few weeks. Feel free to ask and or post anything you like. We will comment! :D
Yeah, he's never short on words.. :cheers:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top