Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm talking with some other sport bikers and one guy pipes up about out running a cop on his bike. That opened the flood gates for others in the conversation to admit the same.

My question is this, is it that rampant? I don't see it much or hear of it other than these stories. Is there some pride in admitting it? I don't get it. You'll never outrun a radio.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I haven't done it in years, but I outran one in my old Pathfinder once. lol It's right after they passed a noise pollution law and I was just a highschool punk w/ a loud stereo. He turned around when I passed him and I took off. He didn't find me.

10 years ago or so I passed one probably doing 130+, he never caught me either. That's a 200mph difference, they can't tell what the hell you're in hardly, especially at night. Just take an exit or two and they'll never find you.

Anyway, young and dumb.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I used to do it as a kid, all the time..but then again, that was on dirtbikes and atc's..riding on the road when I shouldnt have been :hyper: ..just a quick turn off down an alley or off the main road thru a corn field, and your good to go...but on a bike...hhhmmm...well I guess if you pass one doing 130+...by the time he sees you, and radio's ahead to the chase car, you're already past that one too.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
To be clear that was in a car, I've never done it on a bike and don't think I would.

I'd forgotten about as a kid, all of us in the neighborhood had bikes or ATVs. We never tried to out run them, we'd just say, "I didn't know we couldn't ride these here, I thought that was just on highways." lol

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Yeah I have done it only once. It was my 2nd year of riding and they were on the other side of the bridge with a car pulled over and I was doing some speed I wasnt to be doing. I saw one jump in his car and try to turn around and chase me. Well I didnt get a ticket that night. :D

Last ticket I got was going up 83N and was doing 120 when I looked over to my right and saw the State trooper sitting there. It crossed my mine to say the hell with it and go but something came over me and I just pulled over right there. They were pretty cool and all with me since I didn't make them chase me. They wrote the ticket for only 90 since I cooperated and didn't try to out run them. Small fine and a few points. No biggie. All points gone now. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts