Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I have been wanting to ask for a while and just kept forgetting to. When coming into a corner or nice long curve and sometimes an exit on or off ramp, I am looking through it like taught to to get through it and I can see myself riding to close to the inside curve and keep movinf closer to it unless I let off the throttle or not lean in to it as much.

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to correct this???? :)
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Sounds like yuo aren't going fast enough! Its either lean less, or throttle more! You know you've got the lean there, so just give it some maintenenace throttle to hold your line better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pickle.of.doom said:
Sounds like yuo aren't going fast enough! Its either lean less, or throttle more! You know you've got the lean there, so just give it some maintenenace throttle to hold your line better.

Thanks...I was thinking if I did that i would go off the road on the inside faster. LOL :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
ive had that problem too..when ur learning how to navigate curves, especially nice sweeping ones, you tend to let off the gas and just coast for fear of either lowsiding, or going off the side of the road or into the other lane. I've got myself doing it too... but I've found if I lean like im supposed to go, and give nice even throttle it works alot better.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
ive had that problem too..when ur learning how to navigate curves, especially nice sweeping ones, you tend to let off the gas and just coast for fear of either lowsiding, or going off the side of the road or into the other lane. I've got myself doing it too... but I've found if I lean like im supposed to go, and give nice even throttle it works alot better.

You guys need to read" Twist of the wrist 2". You are experencing a major riding flaw that this book can help you with. I have it on DVD as well :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
yeah, reading that book would be a good idea, thanks!!! Gas Man..since ur in with CJD on playing santa for me this year... here is an idea for you!!!

although in reading my post, I should have said, nice even acceleartion, instead of throttle...is that more correct ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twisty said:
You guys need to read" Twist of the wrist 2". You are experencing a major riding flaw that this book can help you with. I have it on DVD as well :dthumb:

Burn me a copy and send it to me. :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
twisty said:
You guys need to read" Twist of the wrist 2". You are experencing a major riding flaw that this book can help you with. I have it on DVD as well :dthumb:
I've got the first and second book, but have yet to have time to get through either. What I have read was really enlightening, esp in relation to "spending your dollar". The technical backup of his philosophies are cool.

Sure wish I'd known about the DVD earlier though!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top