Two Wheel Forums banner

Panterra shooting

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Need4Speed 
#1 ·
In Columbus, OH this morning at 3am, as reported on XM 29 and XM Liquid Metal. Dimebag is dead, but I'm not sure of other fatalities specifically; consult your favorite online resource.

A psychotic, apparently partially angry about the group's breakup, climbed onto stage, shot band members and then began shooting fans. Police arrived and shot dead the shooter.

:willy: :disapp: :sadwave:

#3 ·
At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
UPDATED: 1:13 am EST December 9, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, television station WCMH reported.

NBC Image

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Rd.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, the station reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, according to police.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man apparently ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. At first, some members of the audience may have thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, WCMH reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. A bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed, according to witnesses. It was unclear who shot the alleged gunman.

Of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition, the station reported. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Chicago on Friday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983795/detail.html

#10 ·
:nonod: RIP ... Pantera kicked some serious arse!!! I wasn't a huge fan of them, but did enjoy alot of their music. The flyin V would just scream when he played it. This really blows!!!

#11 ·
Dude, Pantera was ****in awesome, and DD was a ****in good ass Guitar player. Some piece of **** scumbag ohio loser ends all that.... No, they weren't the evil backdoor boys, you have to be liked for less than a month to reach that status.

I'm glad the bastard that did it got his brains blown out all over the place by ohio PD.

#13 ·
They said the hostage the guy was about to shoot when the cop arrived was DD's brother, Vinnie Paul. One of the other 4 dead was another member of the band. The officer was off duty, snuck in the back door and shot him with a shotgun before he was able to kill VP.

Glad that cop got there fast, it couldv'e been a lot more than 5 dead. Well 6 dead, but the shooter doesn't count.

#15 ·
PAntera was a heavy metal band form what Early nineties till they juist broke up this year... released last album earlier this year GREAT band.....
Sad situation... once agian guess we need to ste p up security at even more places so POS ppl like that guy cant do that. They sholda let the damageplan fans beat him to death with plastic forks instead of a less painful gunshot.

#16 ·
RIP to this guy....however, again I have a problem with the F'in media!

I had no opinion on this till recently. The media is talking about how horrible this is, and how the nation is stunned and blah blah blah...

Well, I'm sorry, but the 7year old kid that got shot during a gang drive by shooting is more tragic. Don't get it twisted, but the media is having a circus with this particular shooting, acting as if this type of crap doesn't happen to everyday people EVERY *****in' DAY!!!

I don't mean to ruff any feathers but I'm getting really sick of this constant media crap!!

#22 ·
Slain rocker to be buried in KISS Kasket

From Metal Sludge:

The family of slain DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott has requested a "Kiss Kasket" (photo) for Abbott to be buried in, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons revealed during an appearance on Fox News' "The Big Story Weekend Edition with Rita Cosby" on Saturday (Dec. 11). The coffin features the faces of the four founding members of KISS, the KISS logo and the words "Kiss Forever". A transcript of Simmons' appearance on the program follows:

Rita Cosby: Gene, it's great to see you, my friend. I wish it was under better circumstances.

Gene Simmons: Thank you, thank you.

Cosby: Now, I understand there was something special. This just came down recently. Darrell Abbott's family requested something sort of special tied with your band. Tell us about it.

Simmons: Well, I wasn't really prepared to talk about it, but the family requested, as a personal issue between the family and the grieving people who are going to be there, to send a Kiss Kasket. We initially did it as a promotion. And you know, I think it meant a lot to Darrell when, you know — when he was alive, he gave lots of people great joy. I mean he had the band tattooed onto his chest. He was a major figure in rock and roll. He's going to be greatly missed. And the family wish — you know the one last wish they had was that he be buried in a Kiss Kasket. And I think it's a private matter for the family and the fans actually.

Cosby: No, and I think that's beautiful that that's happening, too, because I'm sure, it obviously, as you said, meant a lot to him. How big of a shock was this? You know this guy really was a legend and so well respected in the industry. How big of a shock was it to you, Gene, when you heard what happened?

Simmons: You know it's about as shocking as it can get. The unfortunate thing is that the media will tend to sort of look at the visuals, you know, the flying hair and the crazy look and all of the over- the-top stuff, which is what performing is all about. But people forget that underneath all of that, actually, Darrell was a very, very sweet guy, very upstanding, very quiet in his own way, immensely talented. PANTERA was a very, very important band. And I'm sure all the fans are going to miss him very much. I know I do.

We — KISS played at the stadium in Argentina and we invited PANTERA to join us. And it was one of the highlights of any of the tours we have ever played. Darrell was just a sweet guy.

Cosby: Gene, how vulnerable are you guys to fanatical fans like this mad man who did this horrible act?

Simmons: You know people often forget that the word "fan" actually comes from the word "fanatical". Most people are very nice. Most people respect your privacy. But here's no secret, most celebrities check into hotels under pseudonyms and the reason is not because I don't love the fans but because you've got to be able to keep everybody at arm's length because every once in a while you're going to get a nut job. The only justice, as far as I'm concerned is that this nut case is no longer around to do this to anybody else.

The unfortunate thing about the judicial system, if you'll allow me, is that, if he were caught, somebody would bring up the point he had a troubled childhood and that we should rehabilitate him. And I'm not a fan of that, I have to say. Whether he was troubled or not, if you resort to violence and you kill somebody, you should be taken off the face of the earth.

Cosby: No, and it is — absolutely, I agree with you. How do you protect yourself, Gene? I mean you talk about this balance — you got so many wonderful fans, you in particular, you know, folks — and you want to have that access, you want to have that one-on-one. But then there's that wild one all of a sudden who does something horrible. How do you find that balancing act?

Simmons: You've got to be able to separate the fact from the fiction, the stage histrionics from the private life. When you walk down the street, you've got to be aware that everybody is not necessarily your best friend and then — you know, sometimes somebody is going to have an ulterior motive, which is why when you check into a hotel, you have to do it under an assumed name. And when you go some place big and public and where there are lots of people, you've got to take security with you both for legal issues. I mean if I did something with this fist to somebody who was getting in my face —- and I'm 6-foot-2. I'm not shy. If you get in my face, I'll take you out. You literally can't do that. You've got to be able to have a buffer, somebody else between you and somebody who's — you know who's being improper.

Celebrity is not everything that everybody believes it is. It is a precarious position in life. But, you know we do it because we love it.

Cosby: And Gene Simmons, we love you and thank you so much for coming here and talking about this. We appreciate it.

Simmons: I just want to say one last thing, which is.

Cosby: Yes, real quick if you could, Gene.

Simmons: Our hearts and our best wishes go out to the family. He was a great guy. He's going to be sorely missed.

Cosby: Thank you, Gene, very much, and he definitely will. And we appreciate you're coming here. Thank you, Gene, very much.

Rock on forever man !!! What better way to go out, than in a KISS Kasket!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.