Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the link to a thread from another motorcycle forum about 4 people dying in an accident in Indiana and the accompanying news article. :( The guy's writeup in the thread gives more detail about the accident than the news article.
http://forums.cbrworld.net/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=85335

Four die in Brown County crash

Associated Press
July 19, 2004

NASVHILLE, Ind. -- A motorcycle crossed the median on a Brown County road, resulting in a crash that killed four people.

Police said three motorcycles were on Indiana 135 about two miles north of Nashville Sunday when one of the motorcycles crossed the median into the path of a sport utility vehicle. The SUV skidded into the path of a second motorcycle, Sgt. Mike Moore of the Brown County Sheriff's Department said.

Two people on each motorcycle were killed. The third motorcycle avoided the collision, Moore said.

Three victims were pronounced dead at the scene by Brown County Coroner Earl Piper. They were identified as Joseph D. Spicer, 27 and G. Michael Stinson, 25, both of North Vernon, and Malia Wormer, 21, of Columbus.

Twenty-year-old Laura M. Ross of North Vernon was taken by helicopter to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, where she died, Piper said.

No one in the SUV was hurt. The crash occurred a little before 6 p.m.

Three people were killed in two other motorcycle accidents over the weekend.

The LaGrange County Sheriff's Department said Laurie Maxie, 41, of Elkhart, died of massive head injuries when her motorcycle was struck by a van Sunday. Her motorcycle crossed the center line into the path of the van, police said. A passenger in the van was treated for minor injuries and released.

On Saturday, two Anderson residents were killed when their motorcycle collided with an SUV near Fort Wayne.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Thats pretty nasty...sounds horrific, what trajedy, and a waste!!

I agree.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Wow, I've been on that road several times. I know how tight some of those curves can get. That's a fun area to ride, but you never know what will be around those corners. Deer, tractors, and slow drivers abound in the area.

I'm guilty of not always wearing gear. I don't ride like an idiot, but I guess anything can happen at any time.

This brings up a good point, I'll start a thread about how many wear gear all the time. Hope it's not a dupe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You know, it's more disturbing to me when people post these types of stories. Hey, we all know that motorcycling is dangerous right? I just don't undertand why we need to keep drawing attention to these unrealated motorcycle deaths. What point are we trying to prove?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts