Two Wheel Forums banner

Pickle has a flat! >(

2K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
DAmnit! Had an hour and a half to kill before work... go ridin... get to almost my turn around point othead back home... just as the rear tire is going flat as a pancake. Hole with a circle around it, nail head for sure. Lucky for me this little tiny town I was at had a hardware store with a $10.22 tire plug kit and a gas hut with an air machine too. Limped back home, now I gotta run to work. Looks like Friday will be pick up the pilot powers day. :sob:

#4 ·
Roach954 said:
You'll love those Pilot Powers!
:withstupi

Dyno, MP, Cale, and myself all have them... of coarse I was first and they followed! But they do rule!

POD, get them at Rec... they have a great deal on them. Somin like $250 out the door or somin... it's good in any affect.

#6 ·
Gas Man said:
:withstupi

Dyno, MP, Cale, and myself all have them... of coarse I was first and they followed! But they do rule!

POD, get them at Rec... they have a great deal on them. Somin like $250 out the door or somin... it's good in any affect.

Dont forget about Ace. Ace also has them!

#7 ·
And Sime also has them.............although he hasn't ridden on them yet because his bike isn't back together. Soon, very soon though! By the time you guys get back from the Gap, I will be mobile again.

I got my Pilot Powers for $232 shipped. Rec's price was I believe $250 incl tax. But why not save $18 when you have the opportunity?

#9 ·
Yeah.. its been time to get them changed anyway, but I would've rather done it at my own chosen time :) I'm headed to Rec tomorrow, just takin my rear wheel up there with me and havin a new power slapped on the rear. I can swap the front out next week or something. Looking forward to getting the stock Dunslops off my bike! I'll tell ya what though, I'm gonna carry a plug kit always for sure from now on, and invest in a few of those CO2 fillers as well. If I hadn't of been lucky enough to go flat just as I was coming to the only gas station in the area, I would've been much more screwed!

#11 ·
I'm kind of in the same boat except the nail is still in the tire. It's a really slow leak and I'm still riding on it (until I scrape up 225 bucks for a pair of Pilots). I check the pressure every day to make sure it's cool. I just ride it to work now. It sucks but I can't wait to experience the all mighty Pilots that everyone speaks so highly about. :dthumb:

#12 ·
pickle.of.doom said:
Yeah.. its been time to get them changed anyway, but I would've rather done it at my own chosen time :) I'm headed to Rec tomorrow, just takin my rear wheel up there with me and havin a new power slapped on the rear. I can swap the front out next week or something. Looking forward to getting the stock Dunslops off my bike! I'll tell ya what though, I'm gonna carry a plug kit always for sure from now on, and invest in a few of those CO2 fillers as well. If I hadn't of been lucky enough to go flat just as I was coming to the only gas station in the area, I would've been much more screwed!
Sounds like a plan. You'll like em!

Sorry... Ace and Sime have them as well.

Sime...you're right but I think in POD's case the $18 will get him on the road sooner!

#14 ·
DLITALIEN said:
I'm kind of in the same boat except the nail is still in the tire. It's a really slow leak and I'm still riding on it (until I scrape up 225 bucks for a pair of Pilots). I check the pressure every day to make sure it's cool. I just ride it to work now. It sucks but I can't wait to experience the all mighty Pilots that everyone speaks so highly about. :dthumb:
Bad Idea to still ride on it!!! If you've ever had a tire go flat at speed you'd fix asap and no riding till then!!!!!!

#15 ·
XtremeRacingDiva said:
guess you where in a pickle...pickle LOL

aww sorry to hear maybe this would make you feel better?

Sime...you're right but I think in POD's case the $18 will get him on the road sooner!
Definitely right on there Gas Man! I was in the process of making up my mind whether to order online or go to rec before the flat, so that just made my choice that much easier :)

Got the rear Pilot on now. Thats gonna get me through the weekend. Between the new rear and the mismatched tires (Dunlop on front still) im gonna have to granny it for sure over the weekend! Then Mon or Tues I can head down and pick up the new front as well.

And damnit, just as I tightened down the axle nut and checked the chain slack at the very end, the thought of "Dang, I shoulda taken pics of the hawk with a broken wing!" passed through my mind. Oh well...

:nopicsbs:

#24 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah that does suck.... well at least look at it this way... The rear tire is the most expensive... the front is cheap!
You know I can replace all four tyres on my cavalier to just replace the two tires, and sometimes the one rear tyre on my bike (depending on what kind I get).

So I guess nobody has any comments on the Pirelli Diablos?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.