Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my new turn signals in my pegs. mainly got them becasue the ones on my fender eliminator are so close together and the micron pipe blocks them from the right side so here they are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
I like it! They look pretty good, and have function. I guess I just question drilling holes into the pegs which are designed to an extent to carry weight. Wouldn't the holes weaked the "structure" of the pegs? Either way they do look pretty cool. How difficult was it to do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops forgot to add, i did not do this, i had them sent out to sportbikecreations.net. i do not have enough patience to play with leds. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
zx636r said:
oops forgot to add, i did not do this, i had them sent out to sportbikecreations.net. i do not have enough patience to play with leds. lol

Was it expensive? (if ya dont mind telling us)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$100 total with shipping both ways and everything. plus he cut my old standard exhaust mount off and repainted it. could have done it myself for probably alot cheaper but the way that they are in there i dont think i would have been able to do it, so i think it was worth the money but then again i had alot of insurance money. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
zx636r said:
$100 total with shipping both ways and everything. plus he cut my old standard exhaust mount off and repainted it. could have done it myself for probably alot cheaper but the way that they are in there i dont think i would have been able to do it, so i think it was worth the money but then again i had alot of insurance money. lol

THat sounds like a pretty fiar price to me. I may look into that for my RC since when I chopped my tail the led turn sigals I put on cant really be seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have seen ppl who did them there selves and all of them the led is mounted on top of the metal wehre mine are flush with the metal, that way when my gf get on the back or whoever they can break them off with there boots. they are also on an angle if you look close. cause the pegs are angled. most ppl just drill perpendicular into the peg and the light shines up wehre mine the light shines back. just more reasons y i had someone else do it instead of doing it myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Very nice. Never saw that before. Must look the shiznit at nite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah they look real good at night, thanks. you can also get brake lights put in the pegs instead of turn signals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Moving this to the mods and aftermarket forum...

Well that just killed all of the fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup, i put it in the off topic discusion becaseu there is more traffic in there. o well
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Ace said:
THat sounds like a pretty fiar price to me. I may look into that for my RC since when I chopped my tail the led turn sigals I put on cant really be seen.
Yeah, they suck ar se during the daytime!!! I know!!
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
I always did like those. :dthumb:
Only problem I have is the passenger peg don't last long on my bikes. :leaving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats what im worried about now is dropping the damn thing casue of the lights.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
zx636r said:
thats what im worried about now is dropping the damn thing casue of the lights.
You lost me on that one! :scratch:
:here: I remove them for looks and I don't need them in the first place. My wife rides her own.:hug: :dthumb: :twfrox:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,886 Posts
How Long Did It Take You To Get 'em Back. Do They Just Splice Them Into The Existing Harness Or What? I Have A Led Taillight But My Blinkers Are Regular Type, Do I Need To Get Something For Led To Be Installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
jeeps84 said:
You lost me on that one! :scratch:
:here: I remove them for looks and I don't need them in the first place. My wife rides her owen.:hug: :dthumb: :twfrox:
Yeah, I plan to remove the passenger pegs on my R6. However, the exhaust hanger IS the passenger peg on the right, so I'm going to have to fabricate an exhaust hanger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just keep them on casue if someone want to go for a ride for any reason they can. the whole 2lbs from them being on there aint gonna hurt nothing.

o and i got them back like the next week after i sent them out. you will need resistors which that company also has. but you just splice them into your original turn signals.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Yeah, I plan to remove the passenger pegs on my R6. However, the exhaust hanger IS the passenger peg on the right, so I'm going to have to fabricate an exhaust hanger.
They make some nice hangers Capt. But its not hard to do. :dthumb:
Some 1/8 aluminum and a brake to bend (vice with pads) and allot of polishing does it every time. :twfrox:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top