Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And of the ladies out there riding two up. . do you have a problem hanging on to the person in front of you? My g/f's gloves fit, but she doesn't feel comfortable wearing them b/c she feels like she can't hang on to me very well. I told her not wearing them isn't an option.

Has anyone had the same problem, and if so, what's the fix?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I don't know if it'll work but try telling her to turn her hands "inside" one another. Like wrap her arms around you, turn her palms so one is up and one is down then curl her fingers inside the other hand creating like a lock. It's virtually unbreakable and she still should be able to hold on.

That's what I'd try. Then again, I've seen some people that just make them grab like their belt or the underside of the tail (for whatever safety and grip that'll provide I don't know).

·
Banned
474 Posts
I ride 2-up sometimes....

Usually the sides of the jacket there are loops I stick one hand in and one on the tank very lightly.

The hand on the tank is for when your stopping and if she has a hand on the jacket she will be able to sit up straight..

Its also about balance..when I go 2-up in the mountains if he is turning and leaning right I put my left hand on the tank if hes turning left my right hand is on the tank. Most of my weight are on the foot pegs.

I got those white icon gloves and they are nice but the grip is not good on those.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Also sometimes when he does a quick stop and I dont have time to lean on the tank I close my legs real tight and push his lower back and lock my feet under the pegs... which then he ends up doing a stoppie..but its fun :D so I dont mind

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grafixx01 said:
I don't know if it'll work but try telling her to turn her hands "inside" one another. Like wrap her arms around you, turn her palms so one is up and one is down then curl her fingers inside the other hand creating like a lock. It's virtually unbreakable and she still should be able to hold on.
That makes sense. :thumbs:

Thank you diva, I'll have her check out this thread.

Pickle, that's a good idea. . I had another idea, but the possibility of a very painful road rash stopped me from even suggesting it. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
POD,

Not that it wasn't a GREAT idea, it was very ingenious. However, how much of a SQUIDTARD would Pig look like with velcro sewed to his jacket? And what'll happen if she ends up wanting to ride a bike herself? I don't think the velcro would allow her.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You guys are all wrong...

When you are taking off she needs to hold herself forward with her feet pushing her weight down onto the rear pegs and some slight squeezing on your sides. Then when you are braking, she needs to hold herself back with her hands on the gas tank..pushing herself back away from you. This is when the gloves will come in hand (no pun inteded). They will allow her to grip the tank better.

Or you can try this... Riding Buddy Although I think it is kinda :gary: it might help!

·
Banned
474 Posts
Gas Man said:

When you are taking off she needs to hold herself forward with her feet pushing her weight down onto the rear pegs and some slight squeezing on your sides. Then when you are braking, she needs to hold herself back with her hands on the gas tank..pushing herself back away from you. This is when the gloves will come in hand (no pun inteded). They will allow her to grip the tank better.

Or you can try this... Riding Buddy Although I think it is kinda :gary: it might help!
I'm not wrong thats what I said :p

:here: :here: :here: :here: :rant:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:

Gas Man,

That things is definitely :gary: . I may also be wrong about his question, but I thought that he was only asking for suggestions on holding on while at like a high speed.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Gas Man said:
This is pretty much how I ride when I am the passenger.
:willy:When I first started to ride as a passenger I was :yikes: when I use to hold on to him.
Then a girl at a local bike night told me about using the tank. I feel so comfortable now.:yesnod:

I always have my hands with gloves (yes Piggy no gloves is not an option :angelhap: ) touching the tank.
I use the hands "inside" one another with the back of my hands touching the tank most of the time, until he is starting to stop, then both hands palms down on the tank.
When I am tired I also grip the side of the tank.

I also agree with Jeep, as she learns you habits she will become much more comfortable.
Tell her :luck:

:D Finally, I could offer advice on this forum instead of asking for advice :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah Tweety..that's my wife's method. She is a champ on the back...I can do about anything with her on back... high speeds, and even fast corners... she leans over and everything...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
:iagree: When done properly.
The rider can forget that he has a passenger.
I forget from time to time my wife is with me until I start dragging pegs when I shouldn't be.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
yeah the wife will just tell me to stop via the chatterbox if she doesn't want it... but I don't do much with her on it anymore... kinda out grew that and realized it's better that I don't with her on the bike...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts