Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAUKESHA, Wis. -- Four teenage boys who stretched plastic wrap across a road and caused a motorcycle crash were placed on a year of supervision and ordered to perform 60 hours of community service.

Waukesha County Circuit Judge Ralph Ramirez on Monday also ordered the boys, one 14- and three 16-year-olds, to spend four days in detention, pay restitution and attend a mortality awareness program.

"Prank is defined as a mischievous trick or practical joke," Ramirez told one of the 16-year-olds. "That may have been your intent, but that was not the result. Death could have, might have been the result."

Daniel Buckel, 22, and his girlfriend, Theresa Brzykcy, 19, were injured after slamming into the plastic wrap around 1 a.m. July 13. His Honda motorcycle slid across the pavement, and the riders landed on a nearby driveway.

Buckel broke a finger and needed 15 stitches for a gash above an eye. Brzykcy hit the pavement with her head and lost consciousness for a short time but was not seriously injured.

The boys said they didn't expect to do anything more than startle a motorist.

"Myself and three others put Saran wrap across the road, and two people ran into it," one 16-year-old told Ramirez. "We were expecting a car."

The boys, all of Waukesha, approached authorities with their attorneys to take responsibility for the crime before they were connected to it.

They were sanctioned in juvenile proceedings, but Ramirez said the incident was equivalent to two felony counts of recklessly endangering safety, meaning they will never be able to legally own firearms.

"I know that I'll never do anything like this again," one of the boys said after apologizing.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
String them up from a TREE!!!! after we run them thru some plastic wrap first, then drop the bottom out on em!! :bash: :cursin:

·
Registered
519 Posts
What a wierd idea. I wonder what prompted them to put saran wrap out there :confused:

And did I read this
Brzykcy hit the pavement with her head
right? She didn't have a lid on? If so, it sounds like they (assuming he was similarly outfitted) fared pretty well, actually.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Pesky teenagers :rant: That's the one thing that sucks about being married to a Highschool teacher, we are always on the lookout for this kind of crap. They think it's funy and don't think about the consiquences...well atleast nobody was severely hurt.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What IDIOTS!!!!!!! Ya know, I did some stupid a$$ $hit when I was younger.... But NEVER did anything as STUPID as this! They should have gotten a hell of a lot MORE than what they did!!!! :bash: :rant: :bash: :rant:

~* ChaR *~

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yeah real fuggin funny dumb asses. I say we shrink rap them until they suffocate. ON WITH THE NEW MP WORLD ORDER - jury, me, decides execution.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Yeah real fuggin funny dumb asses. I say we shrink rap them until they suffocate. ON WITH THE NEW MP WORLD ORDER - jury, me, decides execution.
I'm with ya MP!!!! :withstupi

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
make it easy on urself MP..whatever they do, do unto them!! eye for an eye..so yeah, pull up some shrink wrap across the road, send them flying right into it at 100 mph, and see how they like it!! :cursin:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
double2000r6 said:

You couldn't have said it any better then that. Amen bro. :dthumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
just another reason to not have kids.....

what idiots...... :cursin:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Dactyl said:

what idiots...... :cursin:
What's wrong with kids? I personally love kids and just because a couple of bad apples did something dumb doesn't represent the kid nation overall. I am sure it has alot to do with their upbringing or lack thereof.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I agree...kids are great..so in this case the parents are just as responsible for thier kids actions, as the kids themselves. there are always exceptions to the rule of course, since kids will be kids, but this definately reflects on the parents too.

geez this thread could take a turn for the worse real quick if we aint careful :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
twisty said:
I dont like kids... At least I dont hate them.
You sound very decisive.

Yeah I agree it is a fine line but both kids and parents need to be held accountable depending on their age, the situation, etc. Just too many parents nowadays don't have "time" to raise their kids or they put them up on a pedestal which makes me sick.

That is the problem though nowadays - no one is accountable for their actions. Community service in this case just doesn't cut it. That is far too lenient of a punishment for something that could have killed someone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I remember when this happened, made a few forums, it's good to see the outcome.

ONe of those kid things, not thinking things through.

Dumbasses, but looksl ike they have learned from it

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
people cheer and have a party, when they get off for community service! what kinda punishment is that??? :rant:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
:(
Dactyl said:
:lol: I used to be the same way and now 2 kids later........

double2000r6 said:
What's wrong with kids? I personally love kids and just because a couple of bad apples did something dumb doesn't represent the kid nation overall. I am sure it has alot to do with their upbringing or lack thereof.
:damn: :iagree: It really bites that just because one kid does something bad, people at times seem to think they all are. These days there are just too many parents that don't give a crap and let them run loose and this is what happens. Personally, when my boys are older, I will do my best to make sure I am involved with their activities and sports (even if it means emabarrassing them 'cause mommy is their) because in the end, I'd rather that, than to be visiting one of them through a glass window.

Just look at these two angels! :redevil: :lol:

·
Registered
519 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
:(

:lol: I used to be the same way and now 2 kids later........

:damn: :iagree: It really bites that just because one kid does something bad, people at times seem to think they all are. These days there are just too many parents that don't give a crap and let them run loose and this is what happens. Personally, when my boys are older, I will do my best to make sure I am involved with their activities and sports (even if it means emabarrassing them 'cause mommy is their) because in the end, I'd rather that, than to be visiting one of them through a glass window.

Just look at these two angels! :redevil: :lol:
+1

I got some good advice from a friend once: Beat early and often.

Of course, he didn't mean that literally, but that early discipline is a key foundation, and its worked well for us so far.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts