Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until about six months ago, I was playing hockey on a regular basis. However, I have been having issues with my knee, torn cartilidge; The last time I skated was back in October.

I finally scheduled my knee repair for next Monday, but I wanted to get out on the ice once more since my recovery will last many weeks before I can get back on the ice. So, last night I went out for a stick & puck session. It's not a game, but pickup games always seem to break out anyway; yesterday was no exception.

After 60 minutes of on and off pickup games, I realized two things:

1) My stamina has decreased to a point where I don't think I could last a full period until I get back into shape
2) I hadn't lost anything, in other words, I was afraid it'd been so long I'd be tripping over myself

My knee was fine, though it hurts a little now that I've had the chance to aggravate it. Now I'm not sure if it was a good idea. Not because of my knee, but because now I miss hockey that much more and won't be able to play if I want to. You know, you always want what you can't have.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I know what you mean. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
thats the story of life man...tuff decisions, and always wanting what is just outta your reach. Here's hopin for a speedy recovery for you! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Good luck with the surgery and hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery and be playing again in no time... :dthumb:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
You are better off Shan, at least you got out there and did it again, so the memories will be fresh for your vacation.. and it will motivate you more to get back out there and have the potential to be better at it than you have before.. (depending on how long your knee has been screwed..) Good luck with everything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts