Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Blah blah... I don't have time for stuff like that with all this :whore: I have to do!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Yeah, I seen that clip for Kill Zone on G4 last night. It was very impressive. The XBOX 360 games they showcased were disappointing at best. Also, can't understand why Microsoft is designing the XBOX 360 to not be fully backwards compatible.

It was funny watching the crowd (XBOX supporters) applaud/cheer when it was announced the XBOX 360 would be backwards compatible but...... They totaly missed the fact that he (guy making the announcment) said, "ONLY XBOX"S TOP SELLING GAMES WOULD BE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE". They didn't bother to specify which titles (hmmm.....interesting.....maybe HALO only). The PS3 will be backwards compatible to the 1st generation games (sweet).

I don't think Micorosoft will gain any advantage over Sony with the early launch of the XBOX 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The early launch doesn't mean anything, IMO. That's what Sega Dreamcast did and it got them nowhere.

As for backwards compatability, I don't really care. I still have a ton of PS1 games and don't play any of them b/c they just don't compare to PS2. But, we'll see. The processor speed on the 3 is just nuts.

Bumblebee, you can buy those games and plug them right into your tv. I think they're $12, but don't come with batteries. lol

Gas Man, you're missing out mang. :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same here, I'm 31. We had the original Odyssey. . the POS with two white dots that bounce back and forth. Depending on what game you wanted to play, you had to change the static cling maze type deal to your tv screen. lol

Then Odyssey 2, Intelevision, Nintendo, Genesis, PS1, Dreamcast, and PS2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Gaming has definetely come a long way since I stared with an Atari playing Pitfall. I cant wait to see how the new PS3 does, but I still dont think it is going to match up to the graphics and gameplay on my custom PC.

And for anybody that has EVER played Super Mario Bros. 3 for Nintendo, you have to watch this...

This link will take you directly to the DL page. Just click on the Click here to DL.

Link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was an avid PC gamer for years, travelled for tourneys, etc. The hardware on a console is dedicated, so no background programs running, etc. Plus you don't have to keep forking over $ to stay on top w/ the best memory, vid cards, etc, reformatting, all that. I'd just rather sit on the couch and play on a big screen than belly up to my PC anymore.

Read the specs on the PS3, you're gonna have to spend a fortune to get that kind of performance out of a PC I'd think, especially on a 65" monitor. :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
PigFace... I hate you for posting this... do you realize that I had to replace my keyboard :drool: Da-Jam-Mit :drool: :drool: Looks like I will not only be trading in my PS2 but my Xbox for this one, as well... Dang you PigFace.... I liked that keyboard... :lol:
# Capable of handling seven Bluetooth controllers
# WiFi capable
:yikes: FOOTBALL!!! :pat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Roach954 said:
Gaming has definetely come a long way since I stared with an Atari playing Pitfall. I cant wait to see how the new PS3 does, but I still dont think it is going to match up to the graphics and gameplay on my custom PC.

And for anybody that has EVER played Super Mario Bros. 3 for Nintendo, you have to watch this...

This link will take you directly to the DL page. Just click on the Click here to DL.

Link
Checked out the link, didn't watch the entire 11 minutes but that is classic. Also, it was cool to time the jump on the turtle shell/step and get endless freemen. Pitfall, another classic, I always had a hard time timing the jumps from vine to vine. If you want a chuckle or a remeber when, there is old game show where contestants compete in question/anwers and play head to head on arcade games. I haven't seen it in awhile (approx. year) but there were re-runs of it on either G4 or the Game Show Network.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Low said:
PigFace... I hate you for posting this... do you realize that I had to replace my keyboard :drool: Da-Jam-Mit :drool: :drool: Looks like I will not only be trading in my PS2 but my Xbox for this one, as well... Dang you PigFace.... I liked that keyboard... :lol:
:yikes: FOOTBALL!!! :pat:

:lol: I get the shakes when I think about just how cool Football will be. lol

It supports 1080p, where as XBox 360 "only" supports 1080i. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a new tv. :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
EIDROEDYR said:
Checked out the link, didn't watch the entire 11 minutes but that is classic. Also, it was cool to time the jump on the turtle shell/step and get endless freemen. Pitfall, another classic, I always had a hard time timing the jumps from vine to vine. If you want a chuckle or a remeber when, there is old game show where contestants compete in question/anwers and play head to head on arcade games. I haven't seen it in awhile (approx. year) but there were re-runs of it on either G4 or the Game Show Network.
I remember the endless free lives deal jumping on the turtles, as well as Pitfall on Intelevision. :lol:

Hell, Duck Hunt is still one of the coolest games ever too, but the light guns don't work on rear projection tvs these days. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Having old game swork on new systems it the only way to go. Good game sare more thatn great graphics, they are great game play. I still keep a NES "antique" around just because it has some of the most fun games on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only game that I really will play over and over is EA Sports NCAA football. There are some other great ones out there, but sports games generally keep my interest longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I loved Metal Gear Solid, but linear games eventually bore me. So, Gran Turismo, the Grand Theft Autos, and all sorts of sports games are the ones I stick with. Some of the shooters are cool, but they just don't compare to the ones on PC.

However, I'll be all about Kill Zone on PS3. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Just another gimmic (much like M*crosoft) to make more money off hard working people cause you know all the little kiddies will see them and then want that! How much they gonna retail for like $300?-$400?

I mean, that's like a steering stabilizer for my new R6, I'd rather that. Get much more use out of it than a PS3. I have an XBOX and barely play that!
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top