Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found out yesterday that a guy that went to my church was killed the other day. he was pulling a wheelie on his '05 R1 at about 60 to show off for his nieces and nephews when he hit some gravel in the road. the bike started weaving, came down and highsided. he slid into a telephone pole and the bike chased him into it, crushing him. he was a very experienced rider who made a simple mistake. PLEASE be careful out there you guys, anything can and will happen, and the results could be fatal.
R.I.P. Bill, you will be greatly missed :sob: . we'll see you again one day :angelhap:

Late

Darksyde

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the worst part is that everytime i think about it, i picture the scene at the beginning of Final Destination 2 when the biker gets thrown off, slides into the log that fell off the truck and watches his bike slide into him......

Late

Darksyde

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I am sorry for the loss experienced by you and your friends. It does show how dangerous our sport can be even for experienced riders. It also reminds me to keep 2 wheels on the pavement, because stunting and showing off should only be done by professionals under controlled conditions. I don't want Foxworthy to be right about me..."What is the last thing you hear a ******* say?...Hey y'all, Watch this!" I don't mean to trivialize a tragic situation, but, the accident could have been avoided.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ya it's hard to want to start doing more of this stuff when you hear this stuff and then I go to a safety meeting at work... it's hard to forget all of this!

Still very sad! :sorry: to hear about the families loss. Please pass on my deepest sympathy's!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an 04 r1 and yes you run it up to 60 and hit second for those perfect wheelies...The loose stuff must have been right where he hit second.It will be a long while now before i do a wheelie....Sorry for your loss...RIP bill.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
:nonod: :angelhap: :sorry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts