Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INKSTER, Mich. - A driver believed to be smoking crack while behind the wheel of a minivan was taken into custody after a police pursuit on Monday, Local 4 reported. Officers spotted the man firing up what was believed to be a crack pipe while driving on an Inkster road. When a squad car signaled for the driver to pull over, he sped away, police said.

"I still don't understand what possessed this man to take off on officers as he did," said Cmdr. Greg Hill, of the Inkster Police Department.

Hill said the man was making obscene gestures toward officers while they chased after his vehicle.

Police pursued the man as he went through traffic signals and cut through Wheatley Park, across a basketball court and into a fence, the station reported.

"It had to be at least 60 mph," said Terri Brantley, who witnessed the crash.

Police trapped the suspect's vehicle, but the man attempted to ram the squad cars to escape, the station reported.

Some officers on foot approached the minivan and used a stun gun to stop the driver and take him into custody.

The man was on parole for a prior conviction, the station reported. He's expected to appear in court on Wednesday for an arraignment.

If convicted, he will likely head back to prison, the station reported.

No injuries were reported in the chase.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Sounds like that guy really has his life together. But on the bright side I bet he was having a great time until he got caught.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
"I still don't understand what possessed this man to take off on officers as he did," said Cmdr. Greg Hill, of the Inkster Police Department.
Uh, how about the fact that he was smoking crack? :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.