Two Wheel Forums banner

Polynesian tattoos

6K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  Diego M 
#1 ·
I am going to start a full right arm sleeve on Sunday. I have a very old tat on my shoulder I want to cover up. When I went into a local studio the other day me and the artist got talking and some how got into some sketches and research he's been doing. So I am going with some Polynesian influenced designes to start it off. Here are some pics of what might end up on me. I've been researching this myself(history, islands, names, purposes) and still have alot more to do, but I am estimating about four sessions at about 4 to 5 hours apiece. Anyone have any pics or input.

#2 ·
I travel to Hawaii on business each year and notice a lot of Polynesian tatoos on the locals. The turtle is cool, but if I ever lost my mind and wanted to get a Polynesian tatoo, I would get a Tiki. Never seen one as a tatoo, but the carved wooden ones are dark and as a tatoo, it would cover an old tatoo. Plus, Tiki's are :luck:

#8 ·
No Worries said:
I would get a Tiki. Never seen one as a tatoo, but the carved wooden ones are dark and as a tatoo... Plus, Tiki's are :luck:
never seen one as a tatoo? :D :D well, here is stephen's... he had his first and, then, i got mine done after his. he drew/designed them both, and the guy that does his tatoo's... and mine... "cleaned them up".

stephen's (aka "badattitude" on corvetteforum.com):

and, mine... Violet. (aka, well, "violet". lol):

tiki's are teh kewl. :thumbs: :thumbs:

#13 ·
Great pieces you guys have. The polynesian work is very detailed, colorful. Perfect for a tat.

I got my first tat back in March. (It's on my back) It's a sun with some tribal work around it. I want to add on to it, just haven't decided as to WHAT yet. :thumbs:

~* ChaR *~

#14 ·
JDog-

If the artist that you're consulting with is the same one that did the arm in those pics, find another artist. Even from those pics, I can see that the artist went too deep. There is a lot of scarring and the ink will explode out with bad lines due to the ink penetrating down into the fatty tissue.

If you want more info, PM me. My GF's sister owns a shop here in Fresno. She recently won an award for best original piece at the National Tattoo convention in Reno, NV competing against artists like Monte, who himself won a huge amount of awards.

#15 ·
Well I just got some of it done. I am still learning how to up load some pics from my phone to the comp. When I do, I will post some pics of before and after..

#16 ·
jdog said:
Well I just got some of it done. I am still learning how to up load some pics from my phone to the comp. When I do, I will post some pics of before and after..

if you have to, just email the pics to urself, from ur phone, then upload them as attachments..that's what I do my camera phone! :dthumb:

#17 · (Edited)
here are some pics, It's just one part done. I think this is going to be a never ending sleeve. There r just too many possibilities now. Almost forgot, this is going to be all freehand, original work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.