Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the deal with "whoring it up" on this site. I belong to a few other sites and this site is pretty bad.

I'm reading a very good tech tread and then out of the blue there is a bannana dancing holding post whore sign. That totaly annoys me. Do the mods plan on deleting those posts? Are you working rules to nix this? This is more damaging to a site than ranter. :skep:

By the way my name is Skip and i'm from Gaylord, Michigan.

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
:iagree: :whore:

·
Registered
137 Posts
godsgift said:
What is the deal with "whoring it up" on this site. I belong to a few other sites and this site is pretty bad.

I'm reading a very good tech tread and then out of the blue there is a bannana dancing holding post whore sign. That totaly annoys me. Do the mods plan on deleting those posts? Are you working rules to nix this? This is more damaging to a site than ranter. :skep:

By the way my name is Skip and i'm from Gaylord, Michigan.
:iagree:
Lose interest in many, way too long of threads.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
:jacked: ... :welcome: ...Get used to it...you know you're in trouble when you have a thread entitled, "the Postwhore Thread"

I mean I only need 20 more to 1500 and some on here would have put one word per post. See I could be there right now... :dthumb:

·
7,649 Posts
wait until gasman sees this thread...... :flush: gettum gas...

on a side note, :welcome: and whore is kinda a way of life here...it fills the dead time at work, or school...

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Im guilty. I mostly keep it to the designated threads and its good to joke around with. Also the PW threads are good for the dumb q's or statements that arent worth a thread its self. I suppose the PWing here could be done more tactfully, but like i said in a PW thread earlier... "Its a slippery slope (post whoring)... a slippery slope." :hug:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
drewpy said:
wait until gasman sees this thread...... :flush:

on a side note, :welcome: and whore is kinda a way of life here...it fills te dead time at work, or school...
Exactly!! This godsgift guy needs to back off a bit... first he comes at ME saying some junk about a newbie... now this!

I know all about Gaylord, MI.... up there all the time.... find something else to do! Stop coming on here and doing nuttin but complaigning! If that's all you're going to do... we don't need it! :sorry: This is not a good way to start out on a forum that you just joined!

**this post was as calm as I could be**

·
Registered
387 Posts
:chill: , I like it just the way it is. Coulda used a Gas Man owns this thread smilie, thought there was one on there somewhere.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
:iagree: :twfrox:
Gas Man said:
Exactly!! This godsgift guy needs to back off a bit... first he comes at ME saying some junk about a newbie... now this!

I know all about Gaylord, MI.... up there all the time.... find something else to do! Stop coming on here and doing nuttin but complaigning! If that's all you're going to do... we don't need it! :sorry: This is not a good way to start out on a forum that you just joined!

**this post was as calm as I could be**

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
:nopity: If you don't like :whore: or :jacked:
Stay off all forums. :2cents:
We fore the most part, get along just fine with it and ignore or go with it.
:whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore:
Just seat back and enjoy the ride. :moped:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
jeeps84 said:
:nopity: If you don't like :whore: or :jacked:
Stay off all forums. :2cents:
We fore the most part, get along just fine with it and ignore or go with it.
:whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore:
Just seat back and enjoy the ride. :moped:
:iagree: :twfrox:

·
7,649 Posts
:iagree: its what makes twf so damn friendly :damn: without :whore: we would have no :whore: :king: , and not having a :whore: :king: on twf just isnt right! :cheers: (and sometimes we learn stuff too, but thats over rated) on a side note, went out riding today, whens it goin to get warm in OH? honestly, the weather sucks!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Might I elaborate!
ALL FORUMS= ALL internet forums.
I have never seen one that :whore: or :jacked: didn't happen.
We just have cool smilies for it. :dthumb: :twfrox:
:whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :whore: :runaway:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah what they said! We enjoy our stay here and like to :whore: it up! Then some new guy comes on here and says he don't like it! Forget that! We don't need that kind around here... :sorry: Shan but we may want more members but not that type! You're either with us or against us... either way... we will out number you!! :D

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
he does have a point, you know. I'm all for PW'ing with substance... is that an oxymoron? :scratch:

Anyway, I don't mind it so much unless a legitimate thread is hijacked with smilies. Most of the time, particularly in OT, it can be quite funny. :sorry:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Hi...I'm Dave and i am a recovering Postwhore.

"Hi Dave"

As a recovering Postwhore, I have seen it all from all. Postwhoring it up is almost a way of life for some ppl on here. I can almost bet that if Postwhoring was never started on here by a few of us, some ppl would have never stayed as long as they have and enjoyed TWF as much as we have.

Postwhoring is a way of life for some. Without it...they just don't live life to the fullest. :twfrox:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Hi my name is Matt.. and I am the original POST WHORE on TWF! I started this reign of terror that so many others have been doing as well. I am to blame, ME, yes, the original TWF junkie, post whore, and all around message board addict ! IVe spend countless hours in front of my computer just looking for ways to boost my post count, that nobody would notice, BUT, the cat got out of the bag and now the word is out. Im a postwhore,and I just cant help myself! :willy:

It's all my fault, now damnit, see what you did, there I go crying again!! I get so emotional when it comes to this topic because its so near and dear to my heart. :sob: :dthumb: :cheers: :luck: :lol: :here: :rofl:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
OK now, for the serious part.. TWF does have alot of post whores, and yes we do have alot of fun, and yes we do use alot of smilies and yes we do tend to hijack threads, and yes off topic does get very very interesting at times. BUT, if you notice, the majority of the time, when a thread is put up asking for advice, information, tips, etc on something motorcycle related, the question is answered swiftly and promptly and by more than 1 person, then once that is taken care of.. it's no holds barred as to what happens after that.

Ive been around message boards a long time, and thread hijacking and post whoring is apparent on EVERY last one of them, some more than others I'll grant you that. But here on TWF, we may have alot of :whore: but you also get all the legimate, real, and accurate info. you need as well.

:welcome: :twfrox:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts