Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suggest you add speedo cable ( at the wheel and cluster) to your pre-ride check if you haven't done so already.

I was on my way to Hooters to meet a coworker for lunch and I noticed that my speedometer/odometer had stop working. I was on the expressway (I-75 S) at the time. I was thinking (in between cursing under my helmet) great, my speedo cable has broken once again. This would have been the second time within a couple months.

I make it to my exit, stop at the light and look down.....Oh [email protected]!!! My cable had come diosconnected from the back of the cluster and was dragging on the ground. This definitely could have been worse had that cable become tangled in the front wheel at (slightly higher) highway speeds.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
There are tons of things you are SUPPOSE to do for a pre-ride check.

Ride... the other thing to consider that not many bikes anymore have front wheel speedo pick ups... just a fyi... furthermore, not many have any speedo cables...most are digital now!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas Man said:
There are tons of things you are SUPPOSE to do for a pre-ride check.

Ride... the other thing to consider that not many bikes anymore have front wheel speedo pick ups... just a fyi... furthermore, not many have any speedo cables...most are digital now!
You're right Gas...It's actually funny that when I ordered my speedo cable at Monroe Motorsports, the guy behind the counter initially didn't believe my 03 still came with a cable. In any event, for those that still have speedo cables, had it to your pre-ride check :dthumb: .

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ryde...Monroe Motorsports... that place is still in biz! CRAZY!! I'm from flat rock and have banged many monroe county girls... man I miss those days!! :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
45 minutes isn't bad... but all the way to MOOOONROE could be risky. Got to watch out for loose women and cows! (no pun intended)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wipe my bike down before every ride. This give me the opportunity to look over everything from front to back. Tire pressure, loose fairing bolts, seals, etc... it may seem a bit excessive but I have enough problems with cagers in the Beantown. I don't need problems with the bike as well. :dthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts