Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to give some recognition out to the local shop in my area, http://www.lifecyclemotorcycles.com/. While filling in my Christmas wish list this year they have strived to match every price I can find. In fact, yesterday when I order the chatterbox units (they took $50 off of each unit) I decided to try on a pair of the icon recon jeans. Normal price was $80 but I've seen them on sale for $65. Guy behind the counter said, "Well I can go $64.99" so I (well my mom actually) bought them on the spot.

Aside from the price matching they are pleasant to deal with. Someone is always greeting you when you walk in, asking 'what's up,' and offering help with anything you need... they also just let you be when you want to look around. The store itself isn't huge, but they will order anything you want and it will be there within a week.

Anyways, I just wanted to give some credit to the local shops out there. It's got to be hard to compete against the large dealerships and all, but for me it isn't a difficult choice at all. I will always go to the place where I feel like a valued customer. Anyone else have a nice hometown location we should check out when cruisin' through?

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Good to hear. I've had mixed experiences, but if you're really serious about spending $, they'd usually rather make less profit to make you a customer.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Becca_007 said:
Aside from the price matching they are pleasant to deal with. Someone is always greeting you when you walk in, asking 'what's up,' and offering help with anything you need... they also just let you be when you want to look around. The store itself isn't huge, but they will order anything you want and it will be there within a week.

Anyways, I just wanted to give some credit to the local shops out there. It's got to be hard to compete against the large dealerships and all, but for me it isn't a difficult choice at all. I will always go to the place where I feel like a valued customer. Anyone else have a nice hometown location we should check out when cruisin' through?
Great topic. I'm a fan of Dreyer Motorsports in Indianapolis and Max Pitts in Peru, IN. Both have always had super-friendly service and intelligent workers. Neither are small shop dealers, but are willing to help you find aftermarket items that my close-to-home places refuse to help with.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
congrats on that becca, its always nice to hear a dealer that appreciates their customer. I'll thru out some props to trans-am cycle sales , in litiz, pa. where I got my Kat. When I first called them, they told me about the Kat they sitting up there..they offererd to hold it for me, for the entire week, until I was able to get up there and check it out, to see if I even wanted to buy it in the first place. Ended up getting a great deal on my ride. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
I hate motorcycle shops.
:withstupi :withstupi :withstupi

:rant: I hate MC shops! There isn't a one that is worth a damn. You all may think that your is desent. But you probably haven't had to do much with them. I use to love the dealer I bought my 9R from untill!!!!

Until, I had my bike in the shop for the insurance windy claim. Then when I'm in there every week and calling numerous times a week to keep advised on the bike and ordering parts. They start to give you the shaft. Like you're more a pain than a valued customer. This has been the case with EVERY MC dealer I and many from WOS have EVER been too!!!!

It's a crock of crapola! You spend top dollar on these bikes and then they treat you like you're more a pain than anything. I'm going to take a :chill: before I get too worked up!!!! :leaving:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
im keeping my fingers crossed when my Kat goes in on monday...its routine carb/plug work, so there's no reason it should take more than a couple hours.. :luck:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
im keeping my fingers crossed when my Kat goes in on monday...its routine carb/plug work, so there's no reason it should take more than a couple hours.. :luck:

Lets hope its only a few hours and not put out aside while they do all the other bikes infront of yours. I hate when I see mine get there and they do other bikes that come in after mine. Damn them. I have things to do and places to ride.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Lets hope its only a few hours and not put out aside while they do all the other bikes infront of yours. I hate when I see mine get there and they do other bikes that come in after mine. Damn them. I have things to do and places to ride.
he told me on the phone, on 2 separate phone calles, that it would be in and out in less than 1 day. I dont think I'll be able to wait for them to get done, since i work that day in the afternoon, so they'll probably keep it overnight.

MY GOD!! my baby won't be home with me for 1 night..I dont think i'll sleep too much that nite.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Gas Man said:
:withstupi :withstupi :withstupi

:rant: I hate MC shops! There isn't a one that is worth a damn. You all may think that your is desent. But you probably haven't had to do much with them. I use to love the dealer I bought my 9R from untill!!!!

Until, I had my bike in the shop for the insurance windy claim. Then when I'm in there every week and calling numerous times a week to keep advised on the bike and ordering parts. They start to give you the shaft. Like you're more a pain than a valued customer. This has been the case with EVERY MC dealer I and many from WOS have EVER been too!!!!

It's a crock of crapola! You spend top dollar on these bikes and then they treat you like you're more a pain than anything. I'm going to take a :chill: before I get too worked up!!!! :leaving:
:hug: It's all good!! Here ya go bud...have one on me. :buds:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
Come on now, you have your wife to keep your company! :D

she'll have alittle more room in bed that night, since Kat won't be there..:doh:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
she'll have alittle more room in bed that night, since Kat won't be there..:doh:

She's going to kick your butt for that one. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The local shop we deal with are pretty cool. They helped me out tremendously in getting DJ something and I had no clue what to get. :D

Gotta wait until next week to get your suprise DJ!!!! :p:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Hey now...I want to know now what I am getting. PLease PLease PLease. I will do the cooking and cleaning if you tell me. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I will do the cooking and cleaning if you tell me. :D
That's more of a punishment!! :leaving:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
That's more of a punishment!! :leaving:

See...he agrees with me. I will clean and cook and wash the cars. So now will you tell me??? hehehehe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts