Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 R1 with 1700 miles. Its never been abused or down. When I let go of the handle bars the bike leans right and then drifts in that direction. :cursin: The rear chain adjuster tick marks are the same on both sides. Anyone else with this problem? If so what did you do to fix.

Thanks in advance.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:welcome:

It could be anything... from a bad wheel alignment to your riding position, to... crap anything...

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Just because the adjuster looks right doesnt mean it is. My R6 is bit off and I have to use a chain alingment tool to get it right.

Check the fork height in the triple tree, make sure that they are even. Why you are looking @ the forks check the preload and make sure they are even.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
ah ha easy, since your on the right side of the road make sure that the road is flat, if there is any lean in the road, and there usually is (at least ehre i live) you bike may drift to the right. when there are no cars, try driving on the left side

·
Registered
326 Posts
Double what Twisty and zx636r said. My 04 R1 had the forks offset from one another from the dealer. In fact, my ZX12R had a monster offset that I noticed while driving it home from the dealer.
Check to make sure your fork tubes are level. It may also be a good idea to loosen the top triple clamp and tap it a few times with a rubber mallet. If this is crooked you will never know how level your fork tubes are. :luck:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Great ideas flowing here!!

But what about a link to this amazing alignment tool that Twisty has!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts