Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What one would you get????

As of now I'm looking at one of each and they are both 03 and they are both the same price.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Hello GIXXER!!!

The 03 R1 was rittled with flaws were the Gixxer was flawless. FI, Crank Bearing seat problems, the list goes on. Join a R1 board and they will tell. I was looking into getting one myself but after joining the R1 board I stayed with Suzuki. Now if we were talking 04 sure the R1 has more power but it was over shadowed by the trans problems that Yam refueses own up too. I once spend 5 hours in shop with a Mechnic that all he bitched about was how ****ty Yam customer service and tech support was. He also said with 12 years of working on the machines and working with the companies honda was the best overall.

Thats my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
216 Posts
iam with twisty on this ! ............gixxer! :dthumb:

·
Registered
216 Posts
twisty said:
Do you even own a R1? If not how the he!! do you know? Your fingers are typing lies again!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I was at a track day and a guy with an R1 rode his buddies GSXR 1K at the end of the day (long story as to why). When he came back in, his comment was something to the effect of, "Holy shyt, this thing handles great. No wonder Mladin won so much on one."

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Mladin won on Suzy...Rossi won on Yammer...for most of us, it is strictly personal preference, only 40 get on the grid...to them there might be a difference...to us... :skep:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
bumblebee said:
Mladin won on Suzy...Rossi won on Yammer...for most of us, it is strictly personal preference, only 40 get on the grid...to them there might be a difference...to us... :skep:
Oh, I understand that. I'm just letting him know that an R1 owner/track rider was very impressed with the GSXR 1K on the track after having ridden his R1 all day and then getting on the GSXR 1K for the last session of the day.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
twisty said:
Do you even own a R1? If not how the he!! do you know? Your fingers are typing lies again!!!
That is true - DAMN evil fingers.. No but I do own an R6 and very soon a 2002 Liquid Silver R1.. So when I do get it I will come back here and post the same damn thing - buy the R1.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Oh, I understand that. I'm just letting him know that an R1 owner/track rider was very impressed with the GSXR 1K on the track after having ridden his R1 all day and then getting on the GSXR 1K for the last session of the day.
And that is the only intelligent post in here... Too many damn GSXR owners in here for my liking..

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
CAPTIAN you own a yammaha you have to say "Go for the R1 heck i have an R6, suzuki sux so bad i might just have to give the old KAT to my good friend bulldog" :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
bulldogdefensivetacl said:
CAPTIAN you own a yammaha you have to say "Go for the R1 heck i have an R6, suzuki sux so bad i might just have to give the old KAT to my good friend bulldog" :lol:

You're trying awful hard, aren't you? ;) Trust me, the kat is a good bike, but it would cost a fortune just for you to ship it to Kalifornia. You could spend the same amount on a slightly better bike out there and not have to ship it. Besides, mine probably doesn't have all the emissions crap that you guys require and you wouldn't be able to register it until you bought that junk. But, if you REALLY want it, it will be up on Ebay in a week or so. I've got all the panels back from the paint shop, now I just need to get everything put back together, get pics, and put it up for sale.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
You're trying awful hard, aren't you? ;) Trust me, the kat is a good bike, but it would cost a fortune just for you to ship it to Kalifornia. You could spend the same amount on a slightly better bike out there and not have to ship it. Besides, mine probably doesn't have all the emissions crap that you guys require and you wouldn't be able to register it until you bought that junk. But, if you REALLY want it, it will be up on Ebay in a week or so. I've got all the panels back from the paint shop, now I just need to get everything put back together, get pics, and put it up for sale.
ha ha thats all im payin your givin me the bike right??? lol i know im just givin you a hard time i dont whant that bike anyway i like the gsf's look better but i like the 750 and that might be a future investment ?? you had the 600 right ??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts