Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it pull that gearing to 197 :dthumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I remember when the BUSA came out a ran so fast they did it. i thought it was a agreement by the manufactures. Can you defeat it with a new program? Not that 185 isn't way fast enough. :sob: :lols:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
twisty said:
To bad the speed limiter knocks it of 185. US law. No production bike can be sold in America that exceeds 185.
You just worry about your little GSXR there Twisty and leave the real man bikes to us tough guy.. I said it is "geared stock to go 197" that is direct from the motherland of Japan. Of course there are governors, rev limiters, all that fun governor crap - that was not the question and nobody axed you anyways...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought they were going to make ways around it?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
us limiters

how lame is that hwne a Viper doesnt have the same limits... nor a ferrari imported... yet two wheels needs a speed limiter.

·
Registered
174 Posts
"To bad the speed limiter knocks it of 185. US law. No production bike can be sold in America that exceeds 185"

I have heard alot of different opinions on this subject from owners and mags.
One mag. stated it was a voluntary request by the gov.
Other bike owners have said that their speedo. would stop at 186 but the bike would keep pulling while others said their speedo went into the 190's.
Only one way to be sure and i have a 04 r1 but have previously never been beyond 150. :leaving:
There is a nice new road that is straight for just over 3\4 mile where i can know the answer.
I just dont have the desire to risk what could happen at that speed compared to knowing the answer..

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i remember when my fater bought his 12r the dealership asked if we wanted to knwo hwo to fix it so it will go over 186-187. i sadi to the dealer wtf do you want to go over 187 for?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
zx636r said:
i remember when my fater bought his 12r the dealership asked if we wanted to knwo hwo to fix it so it will go over 186-187. i sadi to the dealer wtf do you want to go over 187 for?

Some ppl that is just not fast enough. :lol: It is for me.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Speedpup said:
I thought they were going to make ways around it?
And people have... the easiest way.... is to buy a pre 2000 production bike... 2000 is the year the Govn'a was inacted.. there are ways to get around it and they aren't hard to find.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts