Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is about the R6. I am curious as to what the availability is like towards the end of the season for an 05. Or is it better to buy an 06 when the season ends. Thanks
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Wasn't there a thread on this?

Not sure what to tell you...it all depends on the area and the dealer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
I doubt you find ANY left-over '05 R6s this year. It is the best selling 600 and dealers are not having a problem moving them. We couldn't even get our Yamaha suppliers to wholesale bikes to us this year for our clients wanting new race bikes - they were selling every unit they got from Yamaha.

Just guessing, I would say they will be gone by July/Aug (The Japanese factories generally stop production in May to shut down and re-tool for the next year).

- Roach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Yeah, the 05 R6s are moving like hotcakes. The dealer that I got mine at sold out the afternoon that I put my down payment on. They said they are not expecting any more in. Another dealer in town is expecting like two in the beginning of June and that's it. The only thing that you can do if the dealer by you doesn't have them, is to see if the dealer can trade with another out of state or something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SpeedWerks.com said:
I doubt you find ANY left-over '05 R6s this year. It is the best selling 600 and dealers are not having a problem moving them. We couldn't even get our Yamaha suppliers to wholesale bikes to us this year for our clients wanting new race bikes - they were selling every unit they got from Yamaha.

Just guessing, I would say they will be gone by July/Aug (The Japanese factories generally stop production in May to shut down and re-tool for the next year).

- Roach
Well, If I can't get my hands on an R6, then I'll go for the GSXR 600. I need to get a few things in order before I can lay out the cash on a bike. :twfrox:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Danger H said:
Well, If I can't get my hands on an R6, then I'll go for the GSXR 600. I need to get a few things in order before I can lay out the cash on a bike. :twfrox:

Have fun with that GSXR man, I've been told that they are not very good to have for like a first bike. My friend has a Katana 750 and he still can't drive it and he's had it longer than I have had my R6. I know a guy here that is selling a worked over 01 GSX-R750. I don't think he's selling it for too much either, too bad you ain't around here, I'd introduce you to him so you can like get a used one instead and learn on that and it wouldn't matter if you dropped it as opposed to a brand new one.

Good luck though. I'd still go with the Honda and just buy an aftermarket seat for it.

Grafixx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Man,
I'll see whats available towards the end of the season or pick myself up an 06 R6 if I have to. I also like the GSXR 600 also. It just depends on the deal and availability for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
in august you should be able to walk out with an 05 anythign for under 8k Out the door price, thats tax tags title and everythign it costs you to walk out the door with the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
zx636r said:
in august you should be able to walk out with an 05 anythign for under 8k Out the door price, thats tax tags title and everythign it costs you to walk out the door with the bike.

This is very true. I was thinking about doing the same but couldn't wait. Cause then I'd just end up getting a 2006 the DAY THEY CAME OUT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grafixx01 said:
This is very true. I was thinking about doing the same but couldn't wait. Cause then I'd just end up getting a 2006 the DAY THEY CAME OUT!
Well, I figure by then, I should be in the position to aquire a bike, if not, I'll just get one in the winter of 06. I need to move somewhere like AZ where I would be able to ride year round, LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Danger H said:
Well, I figure by then, I should be in the position to aquire a bike, if not, I'll just get one in the winter of 06. I need to move somewhere like AZ where I would be able to ride year round, LOL.

That's why I'm in El Paso, Texas. I get to ride the bike like 11months out of the year. That'll get it's use out of it. Who knows. Might even buy like an R1 or a different liter bike when I get used to this one in like two years. Turn the R6 into a racer if I can't sell it for a decent amount. Probably just turn it into a racer though.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Good luck Danger on getting whatever you get!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Gas Man, I'll keep ya posted, my girl doesn't want me to get a bike though, well she is going to be a lil upset, but she will get over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Danger H said:
Thanks Gas Man, I'll keep ya posted, my girl doesn't want me to get a bike though, well she is going to be a lil upset, but she will get over it.
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear from someone on here that starts a thread, "What to do when the wife/fiance/girlfriend says to you, "It's either the bike or me?""
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear from someone on here that starts a thread, "What to do when the wife/fiance/girlfriend says to you, "It's either the bike or me?""
I think there is something close to that-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
zx636r said:
in august you should be able to walk out with an 05 anythign for under 8k Out the door price, thats tax tags title and everythign it costs you to walk out the door with the bike.
Not in CA :sob:

The R6 has been the most popular 600cc sportbike as opposed to the GXSR600 which you'll find a lot of them laying around in the show room along with a few of the Honda 600RR. You'll have a better chance of finding and getting a better deal with the Suzuki.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Funny how that is... here Suzuki is the most popular but youd be hard pressed to get any kind of deal at all from the honda or yammy dealers.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top