Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of frame sliders for my R6 and they need to be bolted to the upper engine mounts. However, Yamaha doesn't have a service manual out for my '05 yet (at least not for sale to the public). I need to know the torque spec for the upper engine bolts so I can install the sliders. So, if anyone has a service manual for their R6, could you please look up that spec and post it here or PM me. It may not be exactly the same as the '05, but I'm sure it will be close enough until I get a service manual.

Thanks.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Give em the good ole' tight like the prom queen, arm torque! A friend and I use to try to get pretty good at this. We could get pretty close to the correct torque without using a torque wrench. Then testing it to see what we had.

But anyway, I've installed 2 sets on my 9R and have never "torqued" them to any type of specs.... just put them in "good n tight"!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gas Man said:
...just put them in "good n tight"!
Ah, the old, "German virgin" torque method. Gutentight! :lol:

·
Registered
941 Posts
twisty said:
My on R6 it is 60 pounds.
Twisty...you own a R6??? I thought you were a Gixxer man?? Boy, you sure did sell out didn't you???????????????????????? Yeah yeah yeah everyone, I knew he bought the R6. Just wanted to give him some crap for it. :bash:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
twisty said:
My on R6 it is 60 pounds.
Thanks. And since I've only had WOS guys respond,

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
my auto shop teacher is anal about torque i think you better make sure it could vibrate loose :thumbs:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
bulldogdefensivetacl said:
my auto shop teacher is anal about torque i think you better make sure it could vibrate loose :thumbs:
Its just an engine bolt! Don't need it anyway! :whistle: :redevil: :lol:

·
Registered
955 Posts
bulldogdefensivetacl said:
ya, i noticed all the corvette guys were also anal about torgueing things on the vettes, but then i realized that tourqe is real important when dealing with aluminum....

on the same note, ive taken many motors out of bikes and installed them into different aluminum frames and never tourqed anything, and havnt had a motor fall out yet...then again, they were all safety wired too..hmmmm

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
GsxrJack said:
ya, i noticed all the corvette guys were also anal about torgueing things on the vettes, but then i realized that tourqe is real important when dealing with aluminum....

on the same note, ive taken many motors out of bikes and installed them into different aluminum frames and never tourqed anything, and havnt had a motor fall out yet...then again, they were all safety wired too..hmmmm
Hmmmm! Safety wire GOOD!
I have done this also with luck using the German Virgin method.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
The important thing is not to put a breaker bar on the wrench and give it to it! It is only alum not steal!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Captain not sure if it will help but I have the R6 manual on CD I could email or mail you - not sure how big it is but if nothing else I could mail it to you.. It is for 1999-2003 models I believe but not sure.. You can get them for like $10 on Ebay for the 2005 as well. Might be worth getting it - the one I got has the maintenance manual, the owner's manual, mod suggestions, tips, etc.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
double2000r6 said:
Captain not sure if it will help but I have the R6 manual on CD I could email or mail you - not sure how big it is but if nothing else I could mail it to you.. It is for 1999-2003 models I believe but not sure.. You can get them for like $10 on Ebay for the 2005 as well. Might be worth getting it - the one I got has the maintenance manual, the owner's manual, mod suggestions, tips, etc.
Yeah, I've seen them on eBay, but they say they're for the '03-'04. The '05 is a little different as far as suspension setup, so I was waiting for the official '05 manual/CD to come out. I plan to get one as soon as they're available. Thanks for the offer, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts