Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, although I'm planning on buying an 2005 R6 and haven't yet cause I wanted Raven but I guess I'll have to settle for Red. I heard that there is a major shortage of them all across the U.S. People are saying that Yamaha won't be shipping anymore once the current supplies are sold.

Anyone know any truth to this matter? I mean, common sense would say why stop shipping something that is so popular that you're making so much money on, right?

Any information?

Grafixx

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
My local dealer told me the same thing.
Supply and demand keeps the price up so screw Yamaha.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
An R6 is an R6 and if you want it bad enough, you'll buy whatever color you have to get. ;) I wanted red, but bought blue and to be honest, I'm happier with the blue bike.

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
grafixx...what kinda bike is in your avatar?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Ducati 999R is the bike of like my dreams! I gotta wait two years until I get hold of my trust cause then I'll have more than enough to buy it. That's why I made it my avatar. But I am going to buy the R6 and at this point I don't care what the color it is, I was just asking if anyone else has this situation in their area.

Thanks,

Grafixx

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I can believe it! Leave it to Yam to screw us!! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I found out that it's true about the shortage. But I also got a little inside information that Yamaha is thinkin' about bringing back the R7! That'd be great cause then I may just hold out and buy that one instead.

Anyways, I signed up for my Beginner MSF course and it starts this week so we'll see how many times I fall! Anyone want me to post the videos?

Grafixx

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Buy me one while you're at it. Then I'll trade it for an R7, and the rest will go towards hookers and blow.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
D,

That's too funny. **** man, I can get you an R1 and still have money left over! Want it? But you'll have to buy the drinks? :cheers:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I will consider that a legal and binding document and I will PM you my address so you can deliver ASAP. Hell, I'll even throw in the 6. I just need one of the mods to notorize this...thanks.

Drink up buddy!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
D,

That's funny. I figure anyone would want a bke if someone else is going to buy it. But I don't think that'll happen cause I don't have the extra money right now to pay it off. Wait, I don't think I'll have enough money to pay it of ever so we'll get it and put it in your name, under your credit! :sorry: :sorry:

G

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:whore: just to :whore:

:D

·
Registered
893 Posts
double2000r6 said:
They are not "screwing us" they do this every year - they make "x" amount and that is it.. Get em while their hot and hot they are..
And they make X based on projected sales - dealers do not want leftover bikes, and neither do manufacturers.

While the R6 is the hot bike this year, there's not really a shortage ... I don't know of any dealer we deal with that is out of them or isn't getting any more (the Japanese factories usually shut down in May though, so the last ones are prob getting put on a boat right now). They are just able to sell every one they are shipped this year, so there's not a lot of dealing going on (They don't have to when demand is high).

I was about to buy an '05 to race because even getting a '03 - '04 for a reasonable amount of money is tough ... best deal I could swing with one of the Yamaha Dealerships we get parts from was $500 over invoice. Luckily I talked one of our customers out of his '03 racebike since we just prepped an '05 for him and he was only going to keep the '03 as a back up :)

- Roach

1 - 18 of 18 Posts