Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if any of you guys have or have seen the fifty's race ?

My son and I took out his xr 70 to the drag strip ( he's 11 ) last weekend. His first time on the track. He ran 24.01 @ 47.99 best and ran consistent 24.10's and 20's. He was thrilled. He raced a another kid on a xr 50 which ran 28 mph ( forget the et ). Was just curious as to what other bikes his size run.

I ported the head and polished the chamber, ported the intake and put a bigger cam in it. Along with one tooth down in front, a big gun pipe, kit co cdi box and uni air filter. Its a fast little bike.

I had more fun watching and teaching him then racing my own bike. Maybe its time to hang up the keys and watch the next generation start racing.....
:dthumb:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ive never seen any of the younger kids race anything at the strip besides the mini dragsters in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
955 Posts
that is awesome, but like Roach said, ive never seen any younger kids run anything but the junior dragsters...do they run the whole quarter mile or just the 1/8th mile...that is so cool...

i think he needs one of those little 1/2 pound cheater nitrous setups...

:dthumb: :luck:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am working on a small nitrous kit for it. I ve seen on ebay the small co2 cartridges nitrous kits and was thinking that just might work on his bike.

They do run the whole 1/4 mile. I havent seen but a handful of kids on bikes. Most young and on training wheels. Who knows maybe it ll start a new sport for younger kids.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
That's cool. They have so much cooler stuff for kids unlike when I was a kid. I mean G.I.Joe was like the best toy ever when I was a kid!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That's pretty cool, good for him. I wish my Dad had started me racing when I was that age.

A buddy has a 50 with an 80 kit on it and he races it. I rode it for about two minutes. . way too dangerous, I'll stick with the busa. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah , I couldnt believe that it ran close to 50 mph. In a straight line thats great, but when I ride it, I start thinking, these are drum brakes ..... Though the suspensions been modded a little, its still a small bike for me and moves extremely well for how small it is.

Thats one reason why I am doing this with my son. If my parents would have had me on a bike when I was little, I am sure I would be a much better rider then I am now. I figure if anything when he does or if he does decide to get a street bike when he is older, he ll be more prepared.

Most important, if 20 or 30 years down the road he comes back to me and says "thanks" or just brings it up that he enjoyed it, it will all be worth it to me. To spend time with your kids doing something you enjoy and watching them enjoy it as much as you do , is the coolest thing in the world. :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts