Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decide to flush my cooling system today. Half hour to strip off the plastics. I read the manual and start to take out the drain bolt at the water pump. With a big bucket ready, I take out the bolt. Green fluid is slowly dribbling out. I decide to take off the radiator cap which is on the other side of the bike. When I do, the fluid shots out the hole three feet, completely missing the bucket. But the fluid stream doesn't miss my Haynes manual which is just two feet away.

I put in some Zerex flush. Says it is safe for aluminum. The label says to drive the vehicle for three hours. Wife doesn't believe it until I show her the label. Yahoo. I come back to the garage, drain and flush the Zerex and add Prestone, which it says is safe for aluminum and contains no silica. I'll test it next week.

Here's a picture of my CBR without side plastic. Looks like a Hooligan bike.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Always take the cap off first.
If you hung the book up on a line with binding on top. It would dry and still be able to read most pages.

·
Registered
519 Posts
:lol: Sorry about the mishap No Worries.

I pulled my cables off my bike, using a string to trace the weird path they take and while I was across the garage cleaning and lubing them up, my Belgian Malinois started sniffing the strings. I yelled, "Hey!" and his response was to grab the string ends and run :bonk: Took me some time to find out the routing again :skep:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JK_DILLA said:
i thought Hurricanes were V4's. What was the V4 bike called?
The Honda V4 cruiser was the Magna, V4 standard was the Sabre, while the V4 sport was/is the Interceptor or VR4.

The Honda Hurricanes were in 87-88 in 600 and 1000 cc's. Got bigger tires and wheels, and different fairing in 90-91 and were just called CBR's. The 1000's got linked brakes for 93-96, and were replaced by the Blackbird in 97. The 600's were F2, F3, F4, F4i.

·
Registered
408 Posts
*cough* VFR *cough*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.