Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Maybe put the battery on a tender also to keep it charged. Batteries drain during non-use. I wouldn't say a whole "bottle" of stabil - just follow the directions on the bottle. Definately get the tires off the ground with a front and rear stand or center stand - avoids flat spots. Not sure about the oil in the plug area but if Matt says so then the jacketless wonder must know something I don't? What is the purpose of that? You say "lubed" up? So it doesn't rust?

Some folks / books say change the oil before storage and again before taking out of storage. Not sure what that does except cost you money. I change the oil right after taking out of storage so it is fresh for the new riding season. Also make sure if you live in a cold weather climate you put anti-freeze back in if you were running wetter or water in the summer. Don't want that block cracked.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Ive heard from several people that if you pull out the plugs, and just dip your finger in oil, around the threads of the spark plug inserts and let it drip down inside the engine, that it will help when you go to start it up, as far as minor wear from sitting so long and then starting up and grinding metal on metal ?

yes, no, maybe so ? :confused:
Makes sense to me. I wasn't questioning you, I just never heard of that and wondered what the purpose was. Inquiring minds want to know. You learn something new every day I reckon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.