Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know that I just got the R6 but I was wondering what mods and in what order everyone thinks they should be done?

I'm getting:

-Frame Sliders
-Swingarm Sliders
-Gear Indicator

I'm thinking about:

-Exhaust (full - bolt-on - Slip-on, what's the difference?)
-Steering Stabilizer
--Whatever else comes into your minds
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
i think the gear indicator is a waste of money......serves no purpose at all????? get the ehaust after the frame sliders.....like someone before said...be heard and be seen......after that ........get a 12 oclock bar lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bulldog said:
i think the gear indicator is a waste of money......serves no purpose at all????? get the ehaust after the frame sliders.....like someone before said...be heard and be seen......after that ........get a 12 oclock bar lol

Hear that TWISTY...The Gear Indicator is a waste of money!

Bulldog,

I'm looking at the Gear Indicator cause I'm a freakin' idiot when it comes to remembering things so I figure it'll be easier than remembering. I mean, DUH, just look down!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
but you dont need to know what gear you are in......it is all RPMs, you wanna go fast then downshift and rev the **** out of it wanna go slow and cruzzz keep it in 6th gear over 45 MPH.........you dont need it IMO at all unless you have so much money that it dosent matter, then why not go for it but you wont use it at all :luck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah man, just kidding. I value everyone's opinion on everything and it is all taken into consideration when purchasing the products. That's why after many recommendations, I've decided on the Vortex Frame Sliders and Lightning Performance Swingarm Sliders.

I mean like performance mods though, not cosmetic. I know I'm gonna do like a new plate holder, flush mounts, and stuff like that. But that's strictly cosmetics.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
you should get a cup holder :lol: naww just kidding, but you better get good at them wheelies :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way man. I don't think I'm gonna do wheelies for like a long while. I like riding, I don't wanna do anything stupid to compromise me being able to ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
What you really need a to put a couple thousands of miles on that R6 before even thinking about a "mod" Any performance mod will not be beneficial to you if you don't have the skill or the knowledge to benefit from it. The only thing you'll probably want is a pair of frame slider for the slow speed drop like @ a stop light/gas station/u turn.

After a few thousand miles you may be ready to get your suspension set up right then get the steel braided brakelines. Take some to develop your riding skills and do some research on the so call "mods". You may change your opinion on what's needed and what's not after you learn of the pros and cons of each.

As for the gear indicator, go ahead and ride for a couple thousand miles and then rethink whether you still want it... you'll realize what a pos that thing is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
SS braided brake lines are the shiot, and can be put on at any skill level, slip on will only give you like 1-2hp so u wont really notice it, its mostly a cosmetic sound kind thing. but i would just make it look how u want it to look first and then ride it for like a summer and then that winter you can decide what mods you want. and a steering damper is always a good thing .

for instance i have all kinds of crap on my bike, but this winter i will hopefully get a pc3 with custom map and Vilocity stacks. this way i can dust gixxer 750's lol
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Samari is onto one thing... more miles should come first before you get too crazy!

Bull...that's BS... the gear indicator is a handy tool to have... the last thing you want to do it is accidently go into first gear while entering a corner and have the rear wheel hop out!

Graff...another thread!!! :bash:

1) Frame Sliders
2) Steerling Stabalizer/Dampner
3) Slip On
4) Swing Arm Sliders (can be done sooner being that they are cheap)
5) Gear Indicator (shouldn't be heatin it up that much to need it)
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
The stainless steel braided brakes are a bad idea for a newbie to riding... besides, your new R6 brakes are more than good!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gas Man said:
Samari is onto one thing... more miles should come first before you get too crazy!

Bull...that's BS... the gear indicator is a handy tool to have... the last thing you want to do it is accidently go into first gear while entering a corner and have the rear wheel hop out!

Graff...another thread!!! :bash:

1) Frame Sliders
2) Steerling Stabalizer/Dampner
3) Slip On
4) Swing Arm Sliders (can be done sooner being that they are cheap)
5) Gear Indicator (shouldn't be heatin it up that much to need it)
Thank you sir. I'm just getting ideas as stated above. I'm waiting on Speedwerks to send me an email back on pricing for everything (short gloves, sliders (frame and swingar)).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
:scratch: :cry: i can see that maybe a newbie rider would grab too much brack with the SS lines but hey at leas he will stop real quick even if he ends up flipping it. lol JK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
zx636r said:
:scratch: :cry: i can see that maybe a newbie rider would grab too much brack with the SS lines but hey at leas he will stop real quick even if he ends up flipping it. lol JK

Wasn't even thinking about the brake lines. Never occurred to me. I ain't replacing anything right now until I get the sliders installed. And even still, after that, it'll probably be just an exhaust system. I don't know, I'm just a :noob: when it comes to riding! :nonod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
1~tank pad
2~Frame Sliders
3~seat cowl
4~crg levers
5~gyt-r black anodized billet oil pump cover with tuning fork logo
6~gyt-r swing arm spools
7`front and rear wheel stands
8~gyt-r carbon fiber full oval exhaust
9~gyt-r velocity stacks
10~When your back from the poor house let me know for more~ mods..
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
R1...that's your personal list... cause there is no way I would recomend all that to a newbie!

Tank pad of some kind would be a first on the list as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the tank pad. But I'm gonna take it off and put a different one on cause I put it on a little off.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I know... I read that thread...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
r1sharknose said:
1~tank pad
2~Frame Sliders
3~seat cowl
4~crg levers
5~gyt-r black anodized billet oil pump cover with tuning fork logo
6~gyt-r swing arm spools
7`front and rear wheel stands
8~gyt-r carbon fiber full oval exhaust
9~gyt-r velocity stacks
10~When your back from the poor house let me know for more~ mods..

OMG he's gonna freakin hate you when he put a bunch of money into these bling stuff and ended up breaking them when it drop it in the gas station :lol:

Grafixx, I sincerely hope that you will keep your bike upright at all time :thumbs:
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top