Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and this..Yamaha GPS

I also thought this bike was cool looking, and I think Yamaha only made them for a year or too..but that single arm in the front was pretty sweet looking, IMO. :coolsun: I've never ridden one, so I wonder how they handled, and why there wasnt more of a demand for them, in the sport touring world...

The first fuel injected Yamaha motorcycle model. Omega frame, RADD suspension featuring front & rear swingarms, ABS. This was also the first Yamaha 4-stroke model that had a catalytic converter.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found a few more pics of this bike..always thought it was pretty cool with the single side front arm..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had an '88 FZR and loved it. Now looking at a R1 05 I hope. Even if I never rode it I could look at it forever. I see you were 16 when it came out. They handled great for the weight they were. I had a 3 cylinder two stoke Kawasaki in 1971. It was a 1969 or 70 it was white and a bear to ride. I think 1970 was black. They were 60 HP I think and claimed 12.4 in the 1/4 which was amazing for it's time. The best I ever turned was a 12.8.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Speedpup said:
I had an '88 FZR and loved it. Now looking at a R1 05 I hope. Even if I never rode it I could look at it forever. I see you were 16 when it came out. They handled great for the weight they were. I had a 3 cylinder two stoke Kawasaki in 1971. It was a 1969 or 70 it was white and a bear to ride. I think 1970 was black. They were 60 HP I think and claimed 12.4 in the 1/4 which was amazing for it's time. The best I ever turned was a 12.8.

I had a '73 Kawi 500 that was supposed to be the fastest thing out that year. It was orange and blue...and was definitely a crotch rocket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts