Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Thought maybe he was on hte proving grounds, that woul dbe sweet ass sweet to ride.
But there are some decent curves out there, for a squid without a license I can believe it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
That is horrible. But without a license you only get so much pitty cause that just goes to show that you shouldn't have been riding anyways. I know people that have been riding dirt for years and won't ride street unless they ahve a license cause it's a "whole different ball game".

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Rodogg04 said:
man, that's a drag to hear!!!!!!!
:withstupi and I'm sure there's a squid factor in there someplace, other than the lack of lisence...

RIP fallen biker dude!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ok guys... no license rider...

What was he riding... a 10R or a 636?

This is basically a squid gauge...

·
Registered
387 Posts
I agree but hate to assume. I know a guy in his forties been riding his whole life and has never had a motorcycle license, has a few bikes, all insured and is a responsible rider.

·
Registered
667 Posts
This is definitely an unfortunate situation. I don't think having a license has anything to do with the circumstances in which he went down. We have no clue but are speculating the worst. He could have simply gauged his speed incorrectly or slid on some gravel.

As fars licensing goes, with a 6 month riding season (MI), what incentive does a rider have to get his/her license other than personal choice? I have my endorsement but I know of four riders (2 cousins/2 friends) that ride on permits only/liability coverage.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Ok guys... no license rider...

What was he riding... a 10R or a 636?

This is basically a squid gauge...
Gas Man,

Does it really matter what he was riding? He could've been on like a 500 or less and it still wouldn't matter. He's the one that did it. There is someone here in Colorado Springs that bought a new GSX-R600 and put like 20 miles on it. Said they almost wheelied and realized that it was too much power. So they went back to the dealer and asked if they can get the GS500 instead. Um, 100ccs doesn't really make that big of a difference in my opinion. Now if they knocked it down to like a 250, then I'd say ok.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm just sayin it would not abe a surprise that he just got the bike a month ago and it's his first bike and he got a 10R, so he wasn't consider a *******. Ya know the type!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
There is someone here in Colorado Springs that bought a new GSX-R600 and put like 20 miles on it. Said they almost wheelied and realized that it was too much power. So they went back to the dealer and asked if they can get the GS500 instead. Um, 100ccs doesn't really make that big of a difference in my opinion. Now if they knocked it down to like a 250, then I'd say ok.
:crazy: You really don't see how 100cc's makes a huge difference? I don't know exact numbers off the top of my head but the GSX-R 600 is around 100 hp and the GS500F is around 48 horsepower.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
EIDROEDYR said:
:iagree: It's not the number of cc's, it's the horsepower and how it's distributed.
:iagree: There is a HUGE difference between a GSXR 600 and a GS 500. HUGE.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts