Two Wheel Forums banner

Riding position. Where do you guys sit?

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Earlzach 
#1 ·
When you guys ride, do you ride more with your butt to the back of the seat or more "crotch to tank" (for lack of a better phrase)? I used to ride right up on the tank when I started, and still do sometimes for lowspeed droning so I can be more upright. But when I'm going into a turn or getting up some speed I now slide back toward the rear of the seat because it feels like my control and center of balance are better there.

Discuss, please :)

PS. Street/road riding, not track. ;)

Thanks!

#2 ·
I sit towards the back of the seat where my belt is against the seat cowl, I find it more comfortable, better handleing, more in-control, and best for wheelies! Although when I am riding all day and my back begins to hurt I move forward a little.

#5 ·
Riding position...

I find that I unconciously settle in against the tank, however, when my little buddies start complaining, I then slide back. When riding twisty roads aggressively, because of my hieght, I have to slide back as far as possible so that I can bring my legs in tight against the bike for a nice clean tuck ! Hope this helps,

:pat:
Steve

#6 ·
WildMonkey said:
I find that I unconciously settle in against the tank, however, when my little buddies start complaining, I then slide back. When riding twisty roads aggressively, because of my hieght, I have to slide back as far as possible so that I can bring my legs in tight against the bike for a nice clean tuck ! Hope this helps,

:pat:
Steve
LMFAO!!! he said, "little buddies"

#7 ·
I'm kinda like you, if I'm just crusing down the local roads (45mph and below), I'll sit closer to the tank or right on it cause it allows me to sit more upright. But when I drive any other time, I'll usually sit about 1 to 2 inches from the tank. It allows me to "throw the bikes weight" around like when going through regular single turns, twisties and simply just allows for quicker maneuvering in the event that you have to get outa the way of someone quickly.

#8 ·
I move all around.. have been trying to sit back some more in thw twisties... it seems to help when gettin the arse off the seat.

When my BIG buddies start gettin upset I tend to speed more... it seems that what really makes them fall asleep is the steady and constant same RPM vibe... if you vary it up...it helps keep everything awake...including yourself!

#10 ·
Thanks :) I was just curious to see what others' riding styles were like and it seems everyone's found ROUGHLY the same thing ;)

Gas- I agree totally with the steady speed vibes. That is part of why I hate slabbing it so much! :D

#17 ·
Gas Man said:
Oh yeah...I love doing that in traffic jams... every car within 90 feet wants the heck away from you... it holarious!! :rofl: :lol:
:lol: Yep, that does make them a bit leery. So does standing up on your pegs. Originally got those tips from my first MSF class; cops were the instructors. :thumbs:

As for seat position, usually at the very rear of my seat, partly because of the bike's design and partly because of my size. Knees in leathers just don't fit along the tank otherwise.

#18 ·
I usually like to sit toward the back and upright. My seatbelt helps keep my in this form.
But when I get My bike and spend less time in My truck I'm sure it will change. I will have to readjust my seatbelt to allow me to lean forward. :thumbs:
Cant wait!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.