Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey do you guys ride with you brights on? @ night? Well for the last 2 mornings I have rode to work. Iam not a big commuter but it pisses my Boss off @ work so I try to do it when I can. But in the morning I have gotten sweved at like 3 times. I have a 2004 GSXR which has a very wide prjected light and I wouldnt be able to miss a sreaming bright ass bike coming up next to me but they did. :eek: So I vowled never to turn my brights off. And let me tell you alot of people were not happy about that, but the point is that they saw me and the told me that "I'm number 1 in their book"..... :thanx:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
twisty said:
I bought some bright A$$ lights last night. There so bright if you look directly @ them, it will burn your retina's out.
Bet you'll get even more, "you're number 1" , signs now :D

My Kat has some seriously wide & bright lamps on it too, so it usually works pretty well for me at night, even on low beam...but when I can I always use Highs, looks like a freight train or something coming right at you.. :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I generally run my brights all day and go back to lows at night. Some people run the brights at night and it even bothers me when I'm on my bike. Expecially when it's one of your buddy's that is following you. You can't see nuttin behind you when they're back there...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
I generally run my brights all day and go back to lows at night. Some people run the brights at night and it even bothers me when I'm on my bike. Expecially when it's one of your buddy's that is following you. You can't see nuttin behind you when they're back there...
you referring to anybody you know.. :smilelol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
you referring to anybody you (I) know.. :smilelol:
You mean anybody YOU know??? If so NOPE!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I sometimes ride with them on. Most of the time they are off, but here recently, I have had them on. :)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I ride with the brights on during the day and the low beams at night. I bought Xenon blue for the R6 and they are pretty bright at night on the low beams - so much so that most oncoming cars, bikes, etc. flash me to "turn off" the brights - so I flash them a bit of bright.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
I ride with the brights on during the day and the low beams at night. I bought Xenon blue for the R6 and they are pretty bright at night on the low beams - so much so that most oncoming cars, bikes, etc. flash me to "turn off" the brights - so I flash them a bit of bright.
I do the same thing and have a similar set of lights in my 9R...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Riding with the "Brights"...

Hi Everybody ! :hi:

I usually prefer the Brights for daytime riding, and the Low's for night time. I wouldn't mind getting some Xenon's for my Kat, but like Need4 said, my bike's lighting is pretty good as is...

:bike:
Steve.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Oh, my bike will light up about 5-6 lanes wide and real far. The best damn lighting I have ever seen on most anything...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Brights at day, lows at night. Xenons are a planned mod. The great thing about those is that you can (honestly) tell the wife they are for "safety".

Safety - that beautiful word that has some primal effect on women making them ENCOURAGE men to spend money upgrading stuff or buying gear. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ride with them on all the time. Riding in NYC is ruff man. Need to be seen and heard. Plus my cbr 929 look better coming with the dual beams.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Regg929 said:
Ride with them on all the time. Riding in NYC is ruff man. Need to be seen and heard. Plus my cbr 929 look better coming with the dual beams.
how many times did u get somebody pulling up beside u saying, hey u got a head light out!! :screwy: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nowdays with the new bulbs out. Ive been lit up on my bike by tailing escalades and imports bright lights. Regular beam not even high beam.
Soon every one gonna have spots in front of their eyes driving or riding.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
how many times did u get somebody pulling up beside u saying, hey u got a head light out!! :screwy: :lol:

HEHEH funny you say that the other day I went to the local shop, one of the salesmen was outside when I pulled up, he said as I was getting off my bike hey you have a light out. :screwy: I said its a F4I. Then he was like I guess I should know that since I sell them.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
John said:
HEHEH funny you say that the other day I went to the local shop, one of the salesmen was outside when I pulled up, he said as I was getting off my bike hey you have a light out. :screwy: I said its a F4I. Then he was like I guess I should know that since I sell them.

I think that guy needs to sell something else if he didn't know that. :D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Regg929 said:

Hey Regg929. Welcome to 2Wheel. I hear you about NYC. I was up ther a few times and its just as bad in a cage driving in that traffic. You have any pics of your 929? Any mods to it? :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts