Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opprtunity to purchase an RK 520 conversion kit brand new for 100 bucks. I heard their chains are decent but what about the sprockets? Keep in mind that I'm only paying 100 bucks for the whole thing. TIA

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I know alot of people that use both but I believe DiD are the only chains to buy! But that's just my :2cents:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Are the new sprockets steel or aluminum? If your stock chain is 530, the 520 will be lighter. But it won't be as strong or last as long. The 101 Sportbike Project book gives a detailed description of this project.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Gas Man said:
I think DL's ride a 600cc bike wheich probably has a 520 anyway...

My bike is 6th from the right in Gas Mans picture. And I had a poptart for breakfast! :bash: :spam:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i got an RK chain n vortex sprockets n have been rippin around, clutching it up, and its been fine so far, "knock on wood". but check the package i knwo the RK chain kits usually come with a vortex sprockets.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks people. i actually looked at the kit in person and I believe they are vortex but the guy said RK. Regardless, I'm buyin them. Yeah this guy has a deal for active duty military. I pay what he pays for products. Only for Honda's and Yam's though. I'm gonna be doin a lot of business with him, I can feel it.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yeah thats what i though casue i got the RK kit and it comes with vortex sprockets. for 100 bucks go for it, thats hwo much i paid but i also got the gold chain but its still a he!! of a deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts