Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rochester, Minn. (AP) A man cornered a deer that had wandered into downtown Rochester, Minn. Wednesday morning, sat on the animal and comforted it until animal control workers arrived.

Jack Holdridge, the kitchen manager at Hy-Vee South, had just delivered a catering order when he spotted the buck at 7:15 a.m. near the Mayo Clinic. He followed it and became its protector until Rochester Animal Control workers showed up.

Holdridge followed the deer into a corner at the Siebens Building, where he sat on top of it. After calling police on his cell phone, he talked to the deer and stroked its neck.

"I like animals, and I was worried about it going through traffic downtown," he said. "I knew it would get injured then."

The deer suffered some injuries, including a broken antler and multiple scrapes and cuts. Animal control workers planned to release the animal at Quarry Hill Nature Center.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
must been a fairly tame animal because most animals sure wouldn't want to be cornered. I'm sure it will some how end up in my yard eating all of our garden with the other 8 million deer that seem to have found their way there.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
jeeps84 said:
:dthumb: :cheers: Must have been a big man! :lol:
a BIG MAN WITH A BIG HEART :hug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts