Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the abridged version http://www.yzf-r6.net/keith.htm
There was a benefit for my ex planned this past weekend and original talk of it was to be only bikes. So I made plans to ride to the event with a friend of mine. I'd never ridden with anyone except Keith so we went for a test run last thurs.

I gotta tell you, it was really different. First of all the bike was different, the rider was a lot bigger and he drove a lot different. Keith drove like I was made of glass, he never did aggressive, reckless or dangerous stuff with me on the back. The most dangerous thing he ever did was to his 130 mph for about 1/2 mile so I could feel the speed. But he totally earned my trust and made me love the hobby. The other fellow drove a lot more aggressively and even popped a wheelie with me on the back! :mad: Im not sure what my future holds with the bikes, Im definatly not going to buy one now and I probably wont ride again. :(

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
im sorry it was a bit ruff for u getting back in the saddle again..he shoulda had more respect for u, than to be acting like a squid!

I sincerely hope you are able ride again someday, its always sad to see someone not enjoying riding a bike..but under your circumstances, I can understand your apprehesion and feelings.

keep us updated on Keith!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I can't believe the driver was so inconsiderate. Anyways, I just read through all of the updates and wish you all the best.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What a jackass. Should have showed u more respect. All woman should be treated like their glass unless u know they wanna get crazy. I wish all of you guys the best and hopefully u dont leave the hobby.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Jenn, From a girl's point of view, I just want to say don't give up. It sounds like you were re-introduced to riding in a pretty inconsiderate manner.

I am a girl, and rather than counting on some guy to ride me around, I decided to get my own bike. I took the MSF class and off I went. It took me a year to get the courage to get my own bike, and I stared at it through my window for a while before even riding it! But you'll find that if you are in control, you will once again enjoy riding. Now I even race. I'm pretty dang slow, but I enjoy the heck out of myself.

Keep your chin up and get your girl buns on a bike! We need more of us girls out there riding. :)

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
Jenn, From a girl's point of view, I just want to say don't give up. It sounds like you were re-introduced to riding in a pretty inconsiderate manner.

I am a girl, and rather than counting on some guy to ride me around, I decided to get my own bike. I took the MSF class and off I went. It took me a year to get the courage to get my own bike, and I stared at it through my window for a while before even riding it! But you'll find that if you are in control, you will once again enjoy riding. Now I even race. I'm pretty dang slow, but I enjoy the heck out of myself.

Keep your chin up and get your girl buns on a bike! We need more of us girls out there riding. :)

Great advice. The most important thing is to get back on and don't give up!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Great advice. The most important thing is to get back on and don't give up!

I agree. Take your time and do it when you feel it is right and your ready for it.

And that person your were riding with, don't ever ride with him again.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Definitely NEVER get back on the back with that person again. I know that when my fiance takes me out on his bike he is completely respectful and doesnt goof off. Heck I think the fastest he has ever taken me was
91 mph???? Of course it didn't feel like it. And he never tried to pull any stunts with me. I know how you feel about the not wanting to get a bike. After reading about Keith and just before him a friend of ours Son was killed on a MC, I am just a bit iffy about even riding. But I have my days!! It may take us some time, but I am sure once Spring time gets here and we see others riding, it will put a bug in us. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:

Girl buns are sweet! lol.. Seriously though I agree with this and what most are saying. I ride 2up with my fiancee and I would never ever do anything to jeopardize her, especially excessive speeds that leave me completely out of control. It is one thing to speed by yourself but not when you are taking another person's life in your hands.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Perhaps along the same lines I won't take any passengers at all on my bike. I will eventually, but I know I am not ready to do so yet.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Becca_007 said:
Perhaps along the same lines I won't take any passengers at all on my bike. I will eventually, but I know I am not ready to do so yet.

taking passengers isnt bad, but if ur new, definately steer clear of doing so till u have experience...if you have a passenger that knows how to ride, its not so bad...its the ones that get on the back, and start leaning hard in the middle of a turn that get you!!! :eek:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
The wife rides on back alot and there is a line that I don't cross with her on back. He's just a arse!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My friend isnt a jerk I just dont think he really gave any thought to it even though he knows about Keith. I dont even think he's a bad driver, but I was one of the most important things in Keith's life at the time I rode with him and it was evident in the way he rode. To this person, Im just a friend.

As for riding, like I said for now Im out. Its gonna take some time. When you go see him and spend time with him like this it kind of cures you of the urge to ride because he was wearing gear. It was the speed that did this to him, purely the speed of the impact not anything else :( I cannot begin to tell you all how difficult something like this is.

Thanks for the support though ya'll!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
i know its gotta be ruff seeing someone so close be in so much pain, and battling on a daily basis to recoup...I can certainly again understand ur apprehension, and we wish u the best and Keith. I hope someday u'll be able to get back in the seat again and enjoy riding. Terrible things just happen sometimes, and nobody knows why..but all you can do is keep on keeping on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts