Two Wheel Forums banner

rode for the first time since my ex's accident

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Need4Speed 
#1 ·
the abridged version http://www.yzf-r6.net/keith.htm
There was a benefit for my ex planned this past weekend and original talk of it was to be only bikes. So I made plans to ride to the event with a friend of mine. I'd never ridden with anyone except Keith so we went for a test run last thurs.

I gotta tell you, it was really different. First of all the bike was different, the rider was a lot bigger and he drove a lot different. Keith drove like I was made of glass, he never did aggressive, reckless or dangerous stuff with me on the back. The most dangerous thing he ever did was to his 130 mph for about 1/2 mile so I could feel the speed. But he totally earned my trust and made me love the hobby. The other fellow drove a lot more aggressively and even popped a wheelie with me on the back! :mad: Im not sure what my future holds with the bikes, Im definatly not going to buy one now and I probably wont ride again. :(

Discussion starter · #14 ·
My friend isnt a jerk I just dont think he really gave any thought to it even though he knows about Keith. I dont even think he's a bad driver, but I was one of the most important things in Keith's life at the time I rode with him and it was evident in the way he rode. To this person, Im just a friend.

As for riding, like I said for now Im out. Its gonna take some time. When you go see him and spend time with him like this it kind of cures you of the urge to ride because he was wearing gear. It was the speed that did this to him, purely the speed of the impact not anything else :( I cannot begin to tell you all how difficult something like this is.

Thanks for the support though ya'll!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.