Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This couldn't have made the NHLPA's public relations department happy.

In a profanity-laced rant at a news conference for Mario Lemieux's charity golf tournament Saturday, Flyers center Jeremy Roenick ripped into fans who have been critical of the NHL Players' Association throughout the current NHL lockout.
"If people are going to sit and chastise pro athletes for being cocky, they need to look at one thing and that's the deal we're going to be signing in about three weeks,'' Roenick said. "Pro athletes are not cocky. Pro athletes care about the game. Everybody out there who calls us spoiled because we play a game, they can kiss my a--.

"I will say personally, to everybody who calls us spoiled, you guys are just jealous. We're trying to get this thing back on the ice and make it better for the fans. If you don't realize that, then don't come. We don't want you in the rink, we don't want you in the stadium, we don't want you to watch hockey.''

Roenick also reiterated previous comments from last week where he lamented the union's failure to reach a deal in mid-February, which would have salvaged some of the 2004-05 season and would likely have resulted in a better deal for the players in the new collective bargaining agreement. A new CBA is expected to be signed within the next two weeks, but the salary-cap numbers being talked about were higher in February.

See his video of the interview here...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3721780

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
BLAH BLAH BLAH they all need to get a F'in clue!

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
JR is and has always been an outspoken azz. He's his own worst enemy; must've taken PR lessons from Bobby Hull.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I haven't watched pro hockey in ages due to the fact that they like pretty much banned fighting which is the or one of the only reasons why I watched it. But just like all other pro sports, the players are in it for the money not the love of the game nor the fans. :2cents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts