Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Washington DC tonight and there is an event that goes on there every Memorial Day weekend called Rolling Thunder. A ton of Harley guys cruise thru DC around and around and around like elbow to elbow. Those things are so loud! There were miles and miles of Harley's. I said I shoulda brought the SV down, and I was told they don't like sportbikes. Come'on man, they need to see a real bike. Next year a bunch of sport bikes need to go cruise. :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
snakemann said:
It's a ride to honor all of the Veterans who have lost their lives in the wars.

True...and I know a few Veterans that ride sportbikes. No reason why we can't be tehre as well for the same cause.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
It was for me when I was in and still is. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
True...and I know a few Veterans that ride sportbikes. No reason why we can't be tehre as well for the same cause.
:iagree: We should all go next year! :dthumb:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Thanks for the post snakemann. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeeps84 said:
There still will be haters even if you wore the uniform on a SBK!
You know Harley guys! they are die hard! I see guys on those things sitting at a light shakeing and rattleing, vibrating, the motor is rockin, and I'm thinkin my god how the [email protected] can you stand to ride that rattle trap! :lol:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
SVupON1 said:
You know Harley guys! they are die hard! I see guys on those things sitting at a light shakeing and rattleing, vibrating, the motor is rockin, and I'm thinkin my god how the [email protected] can you stand to ride that rattle trap! :lol:
I love Harley's and respect very few of the owners!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeeps84 said:
I love Harley's and respect very few of the owners!
Some Harley's I do like, but alot of them I don't! and you are right about the owners! :screwy:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Alot of charity rides down here. Usual MO is alot af cruisers. Alot of the sportbike guys are trying to change that and were starting to partisipate in these things. I was gonna do a MDA ride today but its storming.

·
20,168 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
Alot of charity rides down here. Usual MO is alot af cruisers. Alot of the sportbike guys are trying to change that and were starting to partisipate in these things. I was gonna do a MDA ride today but its storming.
I ride in every event I can. I also take a sport bike!:dthumb:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I ride in every event I can. I also take a sport bike!:dthumb:
Thats awesome jeeps! I know its usually droning down 2 lanes but making a showing does make a diffrence. Lately ive seen a few mixed bike groups riding. (cruisers and Spbikes) Less percieved animosity the better.

·
20,168 Posts
There is about six of us that do it reguarly.
We do it for both the event and to clash!
Some more one way than the other!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm with ya Jeeps... it is the owners that give HD the worse aspect of the name and rep!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts