Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... And then thats it. Then its on to 4 Wheels. Formula one.

Rossi mulling Formula One switch

MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi plans to race in Formula One from 2007, according to his Yamaha team boss.

Rossi's current Yamaha deal runs out at the end of the season but the Italian has agreed on a one-year extension.
However, team director Davide Brivio told the Italian daily Gazzetta dello Sport that Rossi will switch to four wheels after his extension expires.

"We have already agreed on a one-year contract and we know that from 2007 he will be in Formula One," said Brivio.

Rossi said he would consider switching to a car but did not indicate whether it would be Formula One or another format.

"From the end of 2006 I will be free and if I have offers to race in a car I will weigh them up," said the Italian.

Rossi has test driven with the Ferrari F1 team and there has long been speculation that he could eventually take over from Michael Schumacher.

"We are friends, I have driven for them but there is not only Ferrari," said Rossi, "I've tried rallying and I like driving the powerful WRC (World Rally Championship) cars."

Rossi goes into this weekend's French MotoGP Grand Prix leading the championship as he aims for a fifth successive world title. The 26-year-old Italian was world champion at 125 cc and 250 cc before moving up to MotoGPwhere he won his first three world titles with Honda.

He is one of the most sought after sportsmen for major sponsors in Italy where he features in several high-profile advertising campaigns.

From BBC
I don't undertstand why, but I am sure he will kick ass in F1 too!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I will be looking forward to this. Someone that tears up the track when he gets on it and now moving to 4 wheels. I know he'll tear it up as well. Its in his blood to win at what he does.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I will be looking forward to this. Someone that tears up the track when he gets on it and now moving to 4 wheels. I know he'll tear it up as well. Its in his blood to win at what he does.
I hope he don't leave. I like him as a racer. And I don't know if he'll do good on 4wheels cause it's completely different than two. Everything is completely messed up. He won't like it, or at least I don't think he will. :2cents:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
That's what Kevin Schwantz thought and he never got past Busch Series.

I hope Rossi doesn't leave, I want to see just how many championships he can win.

·
Premium Member
11,484 Posts
Dude, you only post that sh*t in threads with SPOILER in the topic title. This topic needs a warning now or you need to edit your post. Take the quote out of yours DL.

·
Premium Member
11,484 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
Changed the quote a little bit.

too bad that guy didnt change his... I like finding out the results early, but ruining for other people is just wrong. That's why I put ***spoiler*** in my topic title.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts