Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are fresh piles of ice chunks (sleet) around town this morning. It wasn't but four days ago it was close to 80 degrees... everyone was out riding.

This weather blows. :cry:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel so bad for you. Today here in Michigan we will get in the upper 30's................................. I don't feel bad for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
DAMN now even the admin coughsuckscough

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
We lost everything in Andrew...our house was pulverized by flying stone roofing tiles from the snobbery country club next door. It wiped out the entire neighborhood...learned a lot of lessons that fall...

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
bumblebee said:
We lost everything in Andrew...our house was pulverized by flying stone roofing tiles from the snobbery country club next door. It wiped out the entire neighborhood...learned a lot of lessons that fall...
My famliy and I lost our roof in Andrew I was like 12 @ the time but I remeber it.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well the good thing about Hurricanes over quakes and tornados is the advanced warning of them coming!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
bumblebee said:
I'm sorry to hear that, that's horrible. :( I was fortunate in that I lived in a dorm at the time. Going through that as a home-owner is a whole different deal.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:jacked:

Going thru any type of storms is ALOT worse when you're the homeowner!! Big t-storms and the possibility of tornados never bothered me much till I owned my own place... now I hate them!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Low said:
Frankly nobodies weather get any worse then an F5 relocating your house...and every thing in it... :nonod:
That was brilliantly understated there Low! :) Mind if I use that as a quote? :D

I'm glad the worst we get to complain about here in the NW is [email protected]$$ earthquakes and rain.

That was an amazing picture there, Pig. Glad you're around posting AFTER the fact... :yikes:

Weather tested my gear in a hail/wind storm this morning that came out of nowhere. Hail/rain: meh, not fun but not bad, Wind: DAMN that sucks

:bluemc:
-G

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
After reading and seeing these posts.... it sure humbles a person complaining about the rain. :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Sounds like Indiana.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Floods and wind are our worst fears here!
The worst flood in 100 years cam last year! Hurricanes in the mountains!
Just a few years ago we had a small twister come through the mountain cove I live in.
It took the roof off two barns (the whole roof), one house (mostly shingles). Relocated two mobile homes (several feet).
The strange thing about it was, I was doing some yard work for the old lady that lives in one of the mobile homes that got knocked off the blocks.
I had a lawnmower trailer with less than a wheelbarrow load of dirt propped up on a brick setting about 10 feet away from the house. After every thing was said and done, the trailer was still sitting on the brick. :scratch:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Guideon72 said:
That was an amazing picture there, Pig. Glad you're around posting AFTER the fact... :yikes:
Thank you, but I didn't take that. I'm a little crazy, but I'm not stupid. . :lol: That tornado posted had 280 to 300mph+ sustained winds. Oklahoma is a meteorologist hot spot in the spring and summer since we're right in the heart of tornado alley.

The attached pic I took in the safety of our lake house waiting for a shyt storm to show up a couple years ago, though. That's the worst part, just waiting, especially since none of the houses out here have cellars. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Wreckage of that same F5/F6. The main meteorologist here was on the news that night visably shaken and almost crying telling everyone that if they're not underground, they're dead. I was fortunate b/c I was actually in Carnegie Deli, NYC, eating a $20 Ruben. lmao We were on a business trip and a guy I was with picked up the phone when his wife called. He got silent and then the next thing I hear was, "A mile wide?!" Where it was touching down was a mile wide.
So, luckily I wasn't here during that one. :crazy:

Click here

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, UNCLE!!! Sleet is nothing, but we do have Tornadoes here and do not have a basement.

My point was more about the dramatic change in the weather not "my weather can beat up your weather".

:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts