Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.scorpionusa.com/

I may be looking for a new lid, for myself and my wife, and came across this site. Any thoughts, its not a Shoei, AGV, Arai, etc. But they are Dot/Snell certified, and are kevlar/fiberglass shells (at least on the ones that I have been checking out). Anybody ever used these, or know anything about their real-world performance?

I like my current lid alot, but you know us riders, we need to get a new lid on a periodic basis, if for no other reason, than just because.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Wow MSRP is in the $150-$200 range, street prices are even less. Not bad for a DOT/SNELL helmet. I like this feature:

• KwikWick™ moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable.

That's awesome for a sweatin' mofo like me. I'll wait and see what the responses are, I haven't purchased the Icon yet. I may wait now.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
AGV's are good helmets. Although they look cool, don't get a black one unless you want heatstroke in the summer. Just speaking from experience.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I have a HJC series 14 (I think) and it has the removable helmet liner and cheek pads. Makes it easier to wash when needed. :D

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I just tried on the EXO-700 series and I like it a lot. I also tried on the Icon Alliance, which did not feel as comfortable.

I'm going to look into these Scorpion's a bit more.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Ok, I checked these out today at lunch. I was actually going to look at the Icon Mainframe Halo, but the lousy dealer here had only the Alliance. I tried that it didn't fit well at all.

The first helmet I tried on was a Scorpion EXO-700 in XL. First off, the appearance of the helmet is more of a $400+ helmet, nicely done. When I picked it up I noticed the materials and craftsmanship were much better than I expected out of a helmet in this price range.

The fit was excellent, the thing I liked most were the cutouts for the ears. My Shoei RF-800 leaves my ears pushed against my head and after a few hours it's downright painful. Not a chance of that happening in this helmet.

The attempts to allow it to breathe were evident. There are holes all over this thing. The liner is removable, though the snaps looked like something you wouldn't want to use too much, they might wear out.

I checked this company out online and all of their helmets are made in the USA; simply astounding considering the price and my initial reaction to the quality.

For folks that sweat a lot, the "wicking" fabric (I'm guessing polyether) is a nice feature.

I have not road tested it, but I'm tempted to just take the plunge and get it.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks very very nice..kinda reminds you of an Arai, alittle bit. I say go for it man. If it fits well, looks good, is breathable, and you're happy with it..why the hell not :thumbs:

:2cents:

·
Registered
196 Posts
a guy i ride with rode all the way to tucson to get one he likes it but i wouldnt drive that far for one you cant get them in phoenix yet

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
u can also just order them off their website, etc...as long as you know the model you want, and the size u need.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shan, did you ever pick up that new lid you were looking at?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ShanMan14 said:
Nope, can't find one.
you cant order them online or something? that sux arse!!

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
you cant order them online or something? that sux arse!!

No one local has the one I want and Tricktape is about the only online place. They're back ordered there.

I contacted Scorpion directly via email twice, no response. :flush:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
John said:
SHAN did you go to KC's I got mine from there.

I went there twice actually. THey do have an XL, but it's a Geronimo and I want the Raider. KC's does have the best selection in the area though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts