Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a few short rides, I fell like I can never get the mirrors right. :crazy:
I do the head-check, but I still think I have my mirrors set incorrectly. :scratch:

What is the best way to set your mirrors?
TIA
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I set them differently and reset them as I ride.

Usually they are set so that if I'm sitting kinda up-right I can see well behind me. When I hit the h/w and I'm (not all the time) laying down more I will pull the left mirror down so I can see w/o having to sit up.

I guess the right mirror always stays normal and the left mirror I'm always adjusting as I get on and off the h/w.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
I wish I could use my mirrors to see something besides my shoulders. On the RR, I can turn them out and see behind me on both sides...but the F4i has them where They are pretty much useless for my fat a$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
I am changing mine everytime i ride. Depends on how i am sitting that day and what not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
i have to move my arm to see behind me, the right is set more for sitting up right and the left is set more for when im in a tuck. i usually give a head check.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
zx636r said:
i have to move my arm to see behind me, the right is set more for sitting up right and the left is set more for when im in a tuck. i usually give a head check.
Exactly what I do!!!
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
I have to move my head around a bit to see past my elbows anyway, so I don't change either for sitting up/tucked...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
The only time my mirrors are adjusted is when they're bumped either when I'm cleaning my bike (rarely) or someone screwed with them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,886 Posts
I'm in the middle of converting my mirrors into power mirrors by using the motors off of my s-10. Just kidding, but a good idea huh? I set them so if I'm upright I can see good. if I'm leaning on the tank then usually I'm going fast and don't have to worry about what's going on behind me. I'll still do the ocasional head check though.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
On my Gixxer, I try to set the at normal seating view.
I always have to adjust after I'm moving.
For the most part I have to move my elbows out of the way to see. :cursin:
:luck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Tweety said:
After a few short rides, I fell like I can never get the mirrors right. :crazy:
I do the head check, but I still think I have my mirrors set incorrectly. :scratch:

What is the best way to set your mirrors?
TIA

I actually turned my mirrors out so that I can just see what is in the other lanes behind me. I do a head-check for everything else, I trust myself better doing the head-check rather than using the mirrors. I have the mirrors in my car set the same way. Although when I'm in my car I don't do the head-check. I wonder if that's why I piss so many people off when I change lanes? :scratch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks For All The Advice
:twfrox:
After a few more rides. I see that there are differnet situations for setting your mirrors.
I always head-check :angelhap:
Seems like each ride, they need a slight adjustment. Also, I find day and night riding require differnt setting. (sun, headlights)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jeeps84 said:
Mostly they move around while you ride! :cursin:

:scratch: or maybe it is becuase I have to tuck them in to get all the toys in the garage
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
I actually turned my mirrors out so that I can just see what is in the other lanes behind me. I do a head-check for everything else, I trust myself better doing the head-check rather than using the mirrors. I have the mirrors in my car set the same way. Although when I'm in my car I don't do the head-check. I wonder if that's why I piss so many people off when I change lanes? :scratch:
Hey Jeeps... sounds like he's never drove truck! You have nothing but mirrors when doing that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Hey Jeeps... sounds like he's never drove truck! You have nothing but mirrors when doing that!

Gas Man,

I guessing that you mean a Big Rig? Cause if you mean that, no I haven't. I'm from NYC, not the sticks! I don't know anyone from NYC that is just like a trucker, you couldn't ever make enough money to live in NYC or the immediate area to survive there. Poverty is like under 30K a year and that's out in the "country" on Long Island which is just the north fork.

Sorry, I didn't / don't mean to rip on truckers. It's not that, I have much respect for them. Now if some of them would just learn what it means when a car flips their lights at them on the highway, passes, then flips them back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
ok im really lost here afther this last post. where did NYC come from ???

the only reason to live in NYC is if you work in NYC and if u work in NYC you usually make good money, im not talking about a pizza dilivery boy either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
zx636r said:
ok im really lost here afther this last post. where did NYC come from ???

the only reason to live in NYC is if you work in NYC and if u work in NYC you usually make good money, im not talking about a pizza dilivery boy either.

NYC came from the "Guess he never drove a truck" comment by Gas Man. You do make good money working in NYC, but you also must factor in the cost of living which is tremendous. It's like the highest, if not one of the highest in the nation. Like a loft apartment in the village in Queens is like minimum of like 2K a month and that's for a small place.

It was kinda funny reading the papers there though cause you'd see like at least once a week the cops bust a house with like 30 or 40 immigrants living in it. It got so bad that they had like bunkbeds stacked on top of one another just to fit the people in the house.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top