Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was the day my GSXR was lowered. :dthumb:Finally, I was able to ride my bike :willy:. Rode on a rarely used street for @ 2 hours. S/O was giving me pointers. This road has a few twisty and a great places to learn to take off and stop. :here:

All went well (Dog bones in center hole, front forks lowered) except for the seat shaving:( Seat is not smooth. The foam is all bumpy :(.

Any suggestions on the seat, would be greatly appreciated? :help:Thanks

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Take the cover off again & trim the bumps.
If you can find a thin piece off hard plastic and cut smaller than the seat.
Place it over the foam.
It will make it harder but smoothes out the look.
Cardboard will work till it gets wet! :luck:
It will never have the factory feel.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
An electric carving knife works good on cutting foam. If you cut too much off, you can get dense foam from an upholstery shop and cut it to your shape.

·
20,168 Posts
No Worries said:
An electric carving knife works good on cutting foam. If you cut too much off, you can get dense foam from an upholstery shop and cut it to your shape.
Thats what I used! :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's what I was going to suggest!

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Something else you might want to try... Shave even more out of there, like make a square indent, then put one of those gel seat pads for bicycles or HD's right inside the seat.. will make it nice and comfy :) Also, in the future, you may want to check out one of the aftermarket seat manufacturers custom seat jobs... would be aorund $3-$400 or so, but i'm sure the final outcome would be amazing. Corbin or Sargent are the two largest seat makers/customisers I think.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Good advice from POD!

·
20,168 Posts
Suzuki has a nice Gel seat.
Its not much if any shorter than stock.
If you have a hard time getting it right, take it to a upholstery shop and don't pay for it till your happy.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Good suggestion on the app. shop!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.