Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Geez..thats freekin creepy!!! :eek: and yeah, I meant the volcano ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Why not blow. It seems mother nature is batting the hell out of the U.S. lately.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
This does suck all kinds of arse. I was reading an article and it said that there has been over 1000 earthquakes since thursday that have been increasing in magnatude. Doesn't sound to good for them out there.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
If there is ever an advantage to living in PA or this part of the country in general..and might I add, the ONLY advantage, is that we dont get much in the way of severe weather like this...

No volcanoes in York that I know of.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:

No volcanoes in York that I know of.. :rolleyes:

Come to my house when I really pi$$ off Carrie and and then see how she is. Just like a volcano, you don't want to be around it when it blows. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Come to my house when I really pi$$ off Carrie and and then see how she is. Just like a volcano, you don't want to be around it when it blows. :D

OOOO....OOOO can I be the first to use this ?? :jacked:

:D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
OOOO....OOOO can I be the first to use this ?? :jacked:

:D

Maybe but I think it was used already. Maybe. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Speaking of blowing...

Mount St. Helens Erupts After 18 Years

MOUNT ST. HELENS, Wash. - Mount St. Helens, the volcano that blew its top with cataclysmic force in 1980, erupted for the first time in 18 years Friday, belching a huge column of white steam and ash after days of rumblings.

"This is exactly the kind of event we've been predicting," said U.S. Geological Survey (news - web sites) scientist Cynthia Gardner.

Still, the eruption was nowhere near what happened 24 years ago, when 57 people were killed and towns 250 miles away were coated with ash.

About 20 minutes after Friday's eruption, the mountain calmed and the plume began to dissipate.

The eruption was so short-lived that the ash appeared to pose no threat to anyone. No evacuations were ordered, and there was no sign of any lava pouring from the volcano.

The steam cloud rose from the southern edge of a 1,000-foot-tall lava dome in the volcano's crater. Steam frequently rises from the crater, but the 8,364-foot peak had not erupted since 1986.

Click here for the rest of the story

1 - 11 of 11 Posts