Two Wheel Forums banner

Shinko tires

4K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  dnyce 
#1 ·
Anyone heard of these? I haven't but the shop near me is selling them for 168 a set, any size. I'm trying to get some knowledge about 'em because I might be interested. TIA

#5 ·
SpeedWerks.com said:
Actually ... that's not quite true. It's actually a Yokahama tire. We sell the hell out of them here at the shop.

- Roach
Yokahama makes them, Shinko puts their name on them = off brand.
Am I off on this? :scratch:

I have seen them in catalogs but, never tried or know of anybody who has tried them. So I have no opinion on the quality. :2cents:

#6 ·
Back from the dead... I've heard some good things, thinkin' that an super soft tire may be just what the doctor ordered to finish the season... Lookin' to get another 2k miles or so before the snow flies... Will these last, or should I opt for something else? They're cheap as hell and VERY tempting.

Buying tires on Friday. Post quickly.

#12 ·
get the 003's, but not the supersofts, those last even less. ive gone thru 3-4 of the 003 stealths-those mofos HOOK!!!! like i told osp before, the pick up rocks n chit after 20mins of cruising-i love em.

not a off brand-yokohama dont make em anymore.

if you're just using for trackdays-fluck it go supersoft. sticky icky icky oooh weeee!!!! :lol:

#13 · (Edited)
like i said-i love em but since you guys never even heard of em-i found this customer review at kneedraggers.com, and theses arent the supersoft, just the regular stealth 003's. so imagine how sticky the supersoft stealths would be.....

By Rich on 06/04/2007

Pros: Great tire for the money . Popular with DragRacers for price reasons and stickiness but also a very able tire for the twisties . Rapid warm up when riding and a very interesting tread patern. Highly recomended .

Cons: Water dissipation can be an issue but not with me . Depending on riding can wear out quick . A 3-4k mile tire .

Tried these tires on both a dare and to experiment . A lot of people downtalked this tire but have never used it which made me want to try it more . Known as a Drag Racer's tire since they're stick , cheap and said to have a flat profile . I got the tire and didn't have a flat profile . I have tested this tire with 1500 miles on it to date and it corners very well , no rapid wear to date with highway riding and is very sticky when heated up. Very impressed . The hard part of this tire is getting over the name Shinko . Racers call them Stinko and ****co. But ask them if they tried them and they never have . I have had B axxs , Metzlers , and Michelin in the past . These are the 2nd best tire . For the $ the best . Only con with tire is that they don't like the rain but good on wet roads . I like them

GO BUY SOME! ps-they only get a flat profile when you run em at 9-10psi. lotsa drag racers run em low, but they hook so gd, you really dont have to. i run mine at 20-25psi at the strip

#24 ·
I used a set of shinkos on the track on a 03 R1 4 times before they were history

I liked the rounded profile as well

nice turn in, easy and smooth transition and I hit the twisties 5 times with them as well.

then turned to diablos...not saying that the diablos are the absolute in tires but I lik em....but the shinkos worked quite well for me.

got that from a r6 msg board-but you're right, its just like some guys swear by pp's and say dunlops are chit, and vice versa. i did notice that there were more ppl that down talked them without tryin em tho, just because they're not mainstream. there was a few ppl who didnt like them as much as the pp's, or complained about mileage -2500 to 3500, no more it seems-but hey, buy what you want. id say check em out, gd tire/price, but its your money. i probably get about 1500mi and 4-6 races on a 003. each race is between 4-10 burnouts, and the 4-10 hard launches/passes that follow. they heat up fast on the street, like i said, they feel sticky when you touch em.

#31 ·
Hell they are cheap, black, and round?! I would try 'em. The 005 looks like the old Michelin pilot road. Can't imagine that much tread not being able to handle some rain...I have to burn thru another rear BT021 before I will get to try them though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.